User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
    I had to take the side wall next to the toilet apart to reattach the track for the pocket door. The wall was not hard to remove, just a pain. The molding around the edges is held on with staples. I used plastic automotive trim removal tools to remove the molding. The panels were attached with some brands then they went around the panel with staples about every four inches. About 30 staples. Dig out the heads of the staples and pull with pliers, that was the PIA part. Good luck.

Thanks for the information. I was able to get the wall panel behind the toilet removed without breaking anything. In the attached picture you can see the 10-gauge factory wire. Not sure which direction the wires take once they are in the attic. Think I’ll drill the new opening on the right to try avoiding them. Will need to take it slow.

Not real happy with how the wires have no support and some are rubbing on the metal strap around the vent stack. Will add protection and tie straps to help avoid long term issues.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C229AA3B-562E-4D8F-8057-809681A72C5C.jpg  
    Last edited by joegleason; 07-06-2022 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Add content

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick update, jumped in and drilled a hole in the roof. Happy to have this task completed. Ended up drilling a 1.5 inch hole to the left of the stack pipe to access the attic within the wall. Then 8.5 inches forward from the stack pipe I drilled a 2 inch hole in the roof. You will have access to this hole just above the ceiling light above the toilet. It will be easy to fish the wires up from the basement and to the roof. Attached and sealed the combiner box just above the new roof hole. Once all of the wires are run I plan to add a little more insulation where I can in the attic.

Next step is to start pulling wires from the front storage bin to the roof.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0921.jpg   IMG_0920.jpg   IMG_0919.jpg   IMG_0918.jpg  

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too am planning solar for next year. I'm using 12 panels and I'm not going to series the wiring. I have my reasons.

I ran into the same questions you have and with the pictures you posted and assuming my model is routed similar, it should be a breeze. I'm planing on running two pair of larger gauge cables. I look forward to see you results, along with any extra pictures you take.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick update to add photos of the wires once pulled. Summer has been busy (Camping) and I have not made much progress since pulling the wires.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0930.jpg   IMG_0931.jpg   IMG_0943.jpg  

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joegleason View Post
    Quick update to add photos of the wires once pulled. Summer has been busy (Camping) and I have not made much progress since pulling the wires.
    Nice work! Curious, did you end up using 8 awg?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used 6 awg. Future proofed it.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am currently adding my solar also. Pre wire on 2021 337RLS 10g. Should be fine. Putting in 6 200w 24volt 3 series 3 series to parallel. On the pre wiring... is the red wire with black on it supposed to be used for the negative?
    I also have another set wires coming through front pass through that has same wires. Go to bus bar? Not sure what's going on there.
    Wasn't sure if I should start a new thread, think this kinda goes along with this post.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230103_154422.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	44320Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230103_154512.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	44322Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230103_154526.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	44321

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12