Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Olympic Queen in a 310GK ??

We've read the articles that talk about putting a King bed in the 310GK as the Slide is only 72" wide. This does not seem to be a positively recommended upgrade. We see Wilderness offers an olympic queen that is 66" wide, vs the standard queen width of 60". Has anyone replaced their queen with the Olympic queen and been able to retain the "small" tables that are near the pillows in a 310GK?

Did you need to widen the Queen base to support the Olympic Queen?

Did you need to change out the Gas Lifts to deal with the extra weight?

Thanks!

Clark
    Clark and Jane (& Riley our Chocolate Lab)
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R, Solar Package, Slide Toppers, ABS
    2022 Silverado 3500HD SRW 8' High Country, B&W Companion 20K Hitch
    Previous Rigs: 2016 Cross Roads Sunset by THOR - 250RB, 2016 2500 HD Double Cab Gas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the king in ours and it is a pain in the rear, especially with the redesigned closets and not being able to open the doors. Our small tables are still in place, as a matter of fact sometimes my arm gets caught underneath it when I'm battling the dogs for my spot back. Does yours have tables or small cabinets?
    Never thought of the Olympic Queen, we may have to look into that when we head get back in the states!
    I would think your platform would have to almost be as wide as the bed for support, as far as gas struts, you may be okay with what's in there, just depends on weight difference of the new bed.
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pawsitivedivetraining View Post
    We have the king in ours and it is a pain in the rear, especially with the redesigned closets and not being able to open the doors. Our small tables are still in place, as a matter of fact sometimes my arm gets caught underneath it when I'm battling the dogs for my spot back. Does yours have tables or small cabinets?
    Never thought of the Olympic Queen, we may have to look into that when we head get back in the states!
    I would think your platform would have to almost be as wide as the bed for support, as far as gas struts, you may be okay with what's in there, just depends on weight difference of the new bed.
    Thanks - We originally wanted an RV king, however after reading all the feedback, I was able to convince my wife that would not be a good idea, that is why we are looking at the Olympic Queen. We have the small "fake" cabinet - with a ~ 3" ledge (table top) that sits above each of the fake cabinets. Right now ours camper is at a storage location about an hour away - I need to measure next time we are out to see if the OQ will fit between the cabinets. I really do not want to remove the cabinets and realize that I have to deal with what is behind that area.
    Previous Rigs: 2016 Cross Roads Sunset by THOR - 250RB, 2016 2500 HD Double Cab Gas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crv0262 View Post
    Thanks - We originally wanted an RV king, however after reading all the feedback, I was able to convince my wife that would not be a good idea, that is why we are looking at the Olympic Queen. We have the small "fake" cabinet - with a ~ 3" ledge (table top) that sits above each of the fake cabinets. Right now ours camper is at a storage location about an hour away - I need to measure next time we are out to see if the OQ will fit between the cabinets. I really do not want to remove the cabinets and realize that I have to deal with what is behind that area.
    I just measured the base of ours and its 66", so I have a 3" overhang on each side currently. I couldn't decipher the lift shocks rating to see if its stronger than what yours is rated at.

FWIW our wall where the fake cabinets would be is bare except for the l brackets that hold our shelf up, so there may not be much behind yours if you take them out. A 66" bed may slide right between your current cabinets.
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    able to retain the "small" tables that are near the pillows in a 310GK?
    Not sure if this applies to your question……. We love our king bed but replaced the mattress with a thicker one. I ended up moving the side tables higher on the wall so they’re just below the window. This allows a little more access for changing the bedding.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pawsitivedivetraining View Post
    I just measured the base of ours and its 66", so I have a 3" overhang on each side currently. I couldn't decipher the lift shocks rating to see if its stronger than what yours is rated at.

FWIW our wall where the fake cabinets would be is bare except for the l brackets that hold our shelf up, so there may not be much behind yours if you take them out. A 66" bed may slide right between your current cabinets.
    Thanks!! I appreciate you taking the time and providing the measurements, that was a tremendous help!

Clark

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    Not sure if this applies to your question……. We love our king bed but replaced the mattress with a thicker one. I ended up moving the side tables higher on the wall so they’re just below the window. This allows a little more access for changing the bedding.
    Thanks - That's a good idea to re-hang the shelves.
    Clark