User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cat door access to litter box

We have a 2022 Imagine, 2500RL and travel with 2 cats. The litter box has been in the shower with the drain taped closed, the walls to shower pan taped... so as you can imagine, taking a shower is a chore... not to mention, litter everywhere and don't even get me started on which cat like to take a dump in the middle of the night...

Finally jumped right in and installed a cat door in the bedroom below the wardrobe closet on the passenger side through to the storage bay

Super easy, I did have to move the outlet on the inside and because I didn't move the cat door to the left enough, I had to move the outlet in the storage bay. Had I not made that mistake, only the inside outlet needed to move.

I cut the hole as low as it would go using the bottom 2x2 that was in place, I then put in 2 vertical 2x2s on each side to give it some strength

In the storage bay, I will install a wall just to the side of the cat litter box so they can't roam in the storage bay and get into trouble. I will put that on a hinge so I can open it up and get to stuff on the passenger side of the storage by

Qty 1 - Medium Cat door (PetCo - ~$45)
    Qty 2 - 2x2 boards ~14"
    About 2 hours

Happy travels with your fur babies
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220706_020301542.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	41642
    Last edited by Toy4Rick; 07-05-2022 at 08:20 PM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks @Toy4Rick, looks like a great mod. We tried the litterbox in the shower thing in our old TT, and like you got tired of it in a hurry (we have a small box next to the toilet in our 5er). I'm sure your two furry friends are happier with the current setup as well.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As cool as this is....I still don't think momma would let us take the king of the house with us camping. LOL

Nicely done. I like it.
    2021 Reflection 367BHS
    2009 Dodge 3500 4x4 Longbed MegaCab
    Electrical Engineer/Musician/Rancher
    Habbitial facebook jail inmate and soon to be banned from here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2021 Reflection 337RLS...we installed ours under the bathroom sink with a cat access entrance by removing the bottom drawer. I just took a very thin piece of plywood cut to size, spray painted it same color as cabinet and put a decorative cat shaped entrance piece off Amazon, then added a motion light.