User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2022 378MBS w/ 8,000 lbs Axles - Do I have E-Z Lube?

I did a search here on the forum and didn't find an answer to my question regarding if I have the E-Z lube bearings on our new 378MBS. I don't see any reference to E-Z Lube on our paperwork or in the owners manual. I do see on the center hub of the wheel cap an indentation where I could get a screwdriver in there to check but, I thought I'd ask before I mar up the hub. Thank you.
    U.S. Navy Retired
    Haz, Gin, CD, and CE

2020 Ford F450 Platinum
    2022 GDRV Solitude 378MBS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's very likely you have EZ-Lube axles, but IMO they are more of a marketing ploy than a real world useful system. But with the 8,000 lb. rated axles you could have oil bath bearings, pictures would help determine which they are. Or they may be detailed in the paperwork with your trailer.

The best thing you can do with your new trailer is to pull the hubs and check the condition of the bearings, brakes, and amount of grease in the bearings. Insuring your new trailer has bearings that are well greased, and brakes that aren't, is the first thing to do. When they are greased properly you can pull and check them every few years if you so desire, and depending on the number of miles you accumulate. I usually did mine about every 5 years, and there was never an issue. The EZ-Lube system is really unnecessary if your bearings are well greased, and adjusted properly. Or you could use the EZ-Lube system every time you lube the wheel bearings on your car.
    Last edited by Hoopy Frood; 07-05-2022 at 09:26 PM.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have EZ Lube on our 8k axles. Wont use the EZ lube, but will pull wheels and bearings to have them done individually.
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS