Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dometic ac/heater Venting

Hi ,
    I am a new member, owner of a 2019 22RBE. Currently traveling on a 3 month adventure to Alaska. We are in BC and have questions regarding the ducting or venting of the AC/Heater. Does this system vent to the outside or allow possible entry of mosquito's into the rig? We were at a campground recently that had a horrible mosquito problem. We woke to hundreds of mosquitos inside the trailer not kidding. Awful night and morning. Looked like a murder scene inside after killing most of them with a fly swatter. We thought they were coming in through the slide but couldn't really determine that. We secured all the ac/heating vents with clear plastic and rubber bands the following night and had very few inside at the next campground. Where else could they be entering from?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AC should be a sealed system. You can take down the inner cover though and check for any light. Good opportunity to check the bolts for the ac too.

I would suspect the slide, but I wouldn’t expect that many from there. There is often a very small gap at the bottom corners.

Did you possibly leave a pass through storage door open, something like that?? The could easily get from the storage compartment into the interior.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlenton View Post
    Hi ,
    I am a new member, owner of a 2019 22RBE. Currently traveling on a 3 month adventure to Alaska. We are in BC and have questions regarding the ducting or venting of the AC/Heater. Does this system vent to the outside or allow possible entry of mosquito's into the rig? We were at a campground recently that had a horrible mosquito problem. We woke to hundreds of mosquitos inside the trailer not kidding. Awful night and morning. Looked like a murder scene inside after killing most of them with a fly swatter. We thought they were coming in through the slide but couldn't really determine that. We secured all the ac/heating vents with clear plastic and rubber bands the following night and had very few inside at the next campground. Where else could they be entering from?
    Moved to Heating and Air Conditioning Systems.
    @Mlenton -

Welcome to the forum! You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015