User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Washing machines

I assume since this is not a technical question it can go here.

I have heard positive and negative with washer/dryers in an RV. I would assume that if boondocking chances are you are not using it. I do know that some places do not allow the use of them.

So, are the Washer/Dryers like the oven? You kinda use it but in general you do not?
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post

I have heard positive and negative with washer/dryers in an RV. I would assume that if boondocking chances are you are not using it. I do know that some places do not allow the use of them.

So, are the Washer/Dryers like the oven? You kinda use it but in general you do not?
    As full timers, we elected to go with a separate washer and dryer in our coach. For most people, I would think the laundry mat at the RV Park would suffice, my wife weighed the pros and cons that she came up with and decided that even though the washer and dryer in the RV took longer to do laundry, it was more convenient for us rather than lugging everything to the RV Park's laundry facilities.

Now, for boondocking, we don't use them as we don't have solar (yet) and couldn't power the 110VAC appliances. Plus, the amount of water we would use, taking away from our fresh water storage.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We aren’t full timers , but do take 4-5 week trips. We installed a combo unit and use it quite a bit. We didn’t want to give up the entire closet with stacked units. We can pack fewer clothes and not have 10 loads to do when we get home. There is a bit of a learning curve though. We’ve found it best for us to do a small load every day or two. Run the wash cycle, shake the wrinkles out. , then run the dry cycle.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post

Maybe something to consider for limited RV space....

https://www.amazon.com/Auertech-Wash...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

As a kid living in a small apartment in W Ger and no typical washer or dryer, my parents used something like this to do our clothes. Although small loads were only applicable, it did a good job of washing and then drying our clothes.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    We aren’t full timers , but do take 4-5 week trips. We installed a combo unit and use it quite a bit. We didn’t want to give up the entire closet with stacked units. We can pack fewer clothes and not have 10 loads to do when we get home. There is a bit of a learning curve though. We’ve found it best for us to do a small load every day or two. Run the wash cycle, shake the wrinkles out. , then run the dry cycle.
    Charlie
    Our Momentum is set up for this, and we have talked about doing it at some point. Curious about the water consumption. I know that the HE washer in my house uses way less water than what we had previously. How much do you think yours uses? We have 155 gallons of fresh, which has been much more than we needed so far in 2 week long boondocking trips... Just wondering if this could work for us boondocking.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    Our Momentum is set up for this, and we have talked about doing it at some point. Curious about the water consumption. I know that the HE washer in my house uses way less water than what we had previously. How much do you think yours uses? We have 155 gallons of fresh, which has been much more than we needed so far in 2 week long boondocking trips... Just wondering if this could work for us boondocking.
    We don’t really boondocks , so I’ve never been concerned about water usage. However, according to the specs , it uses 9-16 gallons per wash , dependent on which cycle you choose. The waste water is plumbed into the bathroom gray tank on ours.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moved to Appliances.

As full-timers, we use our separate washer and dryer at least once a week. I would suspect you'd be hard-pressed to find a place to put one in a Transcend Xplor, though. Also, if you install just a washer, be aware that many campgrounds do not allow hanging laundry outside to dry. You are correct that W/D use while boondocking is not practical.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    We don’t really boondocks , so I’ve never been concerned about water usage. However, according to the specs , it uses 9-16 gallons per wash , dependent on which cycle you choose. The waste water is plumbed into the bathroom gray tank on ours.
    Charlie
    I was concerned about whether the Splendide washer output pressure into a gray tank would be a problem so we haven't used it unless at a full hook-up site. We also are on 30+ day excursions.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    I was concerned about whether the Splendide washer output pressure into a gray tank would be a problem so we haven't used it unless at a full hook-up site. We also are on 30+ day excursions.
    The output "pressure" is just what the pump can produce. The drain hose just sits in an open tube, like a stix-n-brix one.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Moved to Appliances.

As full-timers, we use our separate washer and dryer at least once a week. I would suspect you'd be hard-pressed to find a place to put one in a Transcend Xplor, though. Also, if you install just a washer, be aware that many campgrounds do not allow hanging laundry outside to dry. You are correct that W/D use while boondocking is not practical.

Rob
    Small loads from a small portable washer/spin dryer placed on a suction cup based shower/tub clothes line to finish drying may be of benefit.

Especially in trailers with no built in utility and/or limited storage space needed for other gear.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast