User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Small loads from a small portable washer/spin dryer placed on a suction cup based shower/tub clothes line to finish drying may be of benefit.

Especially in trailers with no built in utility and/or limited storage space needed for other gear.
    This is true... but then there's the issue of the humidity inside the trailer. I dumped over a gallon of water out of our dehumidifier after running it for about 6 hours today (Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    This is true... but then there's the issue of the humidity inside the trailer. I dumped over a gallon of water out of our dehumidifier after running it for about 6 hours today (Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD).

Rob
    Also true. Would recommend running the bath ceiling fan to help eliminate humidity buildup just like when taking a shower.

The one we used in Europe, spun the clothes till they were barely damp, I mean little too moisture.
    Last edited by trailrydr; 07-07-2022 at 06:11 PM.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    We don’t really boondocks , so I’ve never been concerned about water usage. However, according to the specs , it uses 9-16 gallons per wash , dependent on which cycle you choose. The waste water is plumbed into the bathroom gray tank on ours.
    Charlie
    That sounds like it would work for us. We always come back with well over 40 gallons of FW... Probably about 60. We are not thinking about a lot of loads, but 2-4 over a two week stay would be nice.
    Obviously it would not work for many others,,,, I often refer to our Momentum as a super tanker.
    Last edited by huntindog; 07-07-2022 at 06:38 PM.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    That sounds like it would work for us. We always come back with well over 40 gallons of FW... Probably about 60. We are not thinking about a lot of loads, but 2-4 over a two week stay would be nice.
    Obviously it would not work for many others,,,, I often refer to our Momentum as a super tanker.
    If you do go with a combo unit , be sure and get the vented model.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moved to Appliances.

As full-timers, we use our separate washer and dryer at least once a week. I would suspect you'd be hard-pressed to find a place to put one in a Transcend Xplor, though. Also, if you install just a washer, be aware that many campgrounds do not allow hanging laundry outside to dry. You are correct that W/D use while boondocking is not practical.

Rob
    Well, we could put it in our Transcend Xplor if we removed the bed. This is more of a reference thing. We plan on going full time and I am just getting some input as to what we would need out there. For me, the park's laundry is off limits along with any other public places. Wife could do it if she showers and burns her clothes when she is done. COVID has me housebound for now. Stupid no immune system.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    Well, we could put it in our Transcend Xplor if we removed the bed. This is more of a reference thing. We plan on going full time and I am just getting some input as to what we would need out there. For me, the park's laundry is off limits along with any other public places. Wife could do it if she showers and burns her clothes when she is done. COVID has me housebound for now. Stupid no immune system.
    Sorry about the immune system situation!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry about the immune system situation!

Rob
    Well, it is working out. We camp, we meet new people and that is all outside. Made some new friends.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every time we shower, we toss the towels in the dryer. I'd say the usefulness of the washer corresponds to length of trips. When we are gone for more than one week, we use the washing machine. We do have the separate units and give up a closet, but find we can pack less and it all comes out in the wash
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    Our Momentum is set up for this
    We, too, have a Momentum. Going fulltime, from day 1, we knew a washer/dryer was in our future. We've lived in small apartments, garage apartments, Florida condos over our almost 27 years of marriage. We hate going to the laundromat. We were fortunate, at our second campground after our "move in", we saw an ad for "almost new Splendide" separate stackable. We had purchased the 399TH with the 13' garage specifically for space. It was good timing and a good deal.

We generally do laundry once a week (Thursday, tomorrow!). The rare occasions we've boondocked (Xscapers events, Harvest Host, etc.) we simply don't do laundry. Three weeks on our son's land, boondocking, but we took the laundry to their house! The washer does use a lot of water, and while we have large tanks, it's just not worth it, in my opinion. If we were boondocking and had to use a laundromat, so be it.

Now, I talked to a fellow a few weeks ago that fulltimes, but doesn't have a W/D. He said almost every town has a wash and fold place. He said he pays about $25 for a week's worth of laundry (he is solo), and he figures that's a good, justifiable expense. We've done that on trips (non-RV) to Mexico, and I have to say -- I love it.

But I wouldn't fulltime w/o a washer, there's just no way. We like the convenience of starting a load, working (we're not retired), and changing it when we hear the buzzer. We don't have to go anywhere, we don't have to pay anyone or a machine (that likely will break!). We do wish (so lazy!) that we didn't have to haul it all the way from the bedroom to the garage, but c'est la vie...

If this W/D dies, I will promptly buy another. Oh, a note: we typically stay a month at a campground, most of the time.

Now, having said all this, our 2018 Momentum 399TH had the "hookups" (water, drain) for the washer, but no venting for the dryer. First, we capped off the hot water. Cold is good enough. Note: You DO have to cap off the hot water on the back of the washer if you're not using it. Fortunately, we read ahead of time about this, otherwise, water can come out of it!

As to the vent, the 399 has a rear bathroom (that we don't use), so we just drilled a hole in the wall and put a dryer vent there. When we park, we take the hose on and off with this gizmo: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0028BAAWW/

Hope any and all of this helps the readers!
    2018 GD Momentum 399TH • 2019 Ford F-350 (DRW)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DirectionWideOpen View Post
    We, too, have a Momentum. Going fulltime, from day 1, we knew a washer/dryer was in our future. We've lived in small apartments, garage apartments, Florida condos over our almost 27 years of marriage. We hate going to the laundromat. We were fortunate, at our second campground after our "move in", we saw an ad for "almost new Splendide" separate stackable. We had purchased the 399TH with the 13' garage specifically for space. It was good timing and a good deal.

We generally do laundry once a week (Thursday, tomorrow!). The rare occasions we've boondocked (Xscapers events, Harvest Host, etc.) we simply don't do laundry. Three weeks on our son's land, boondocking, but we took the laundry to their house! The washer does use a lot of water, and while we have large tanks, it's just not worth it, in my opinion. If we were boondocking and had to use a laundromat, so be it.

Now, I talked to a fellow a few weeks ago that fulltimes, but doesn't have a W/D. He said almost every town has a wash and fold place. He said he pays about $25 for a week's worth of laundry (he is solo), and he figures that's a good, justifiable expense. We've done that on trips (non-RV) to Mexico, and I have to say -- I love it.

But I wouldn't fulltime w/o a washer, there's just no way. We like the convenience of starting a load, working (we're not retired), and changing it when we hear the buzzer. We don't have to go anywhere, we don't have to pay anyone or a machine (that likely will break!). We do wish (so lazy!) that we didn't have to haul it all the way from the bedroom to the garage, but c'est la vie...

If this W/D dies, I will promptly buy another. Oh, a note: we typically stay a month at a campground, most of the time.

Now, having said all this, our 2018 Momentum 399TH had the "hookups" (water, drain) for the washer, but no venting for the dryer. First, we capped off the hot water. Cold is good enough. Note: You DO have to cap off the hot water on the back of the washer if you're not using it. Fortunately, we read ahead of time about this, otherwise, water can come out of it!

As to the vent, the 399 has a rear bathroom (that we don't use), so we just drilled a hole in the wall and put a dryer vent there. When we park, we take the hose on and off with this gizmo: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0028BAAWW/

Hope any and all of this helps the readers!
    No way am I treking to a laundromat. That could be a 200 mile round trip on the North Rim.
    As a maybe related question; How many waste tanks does your 399 have?
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast