In February of 2021, I had cross bracing installed on my spring hangers as a preventative measure. At that time, I noticed that all four leaf springs were pretty much flat, especially the street side, which is typical for a 303. My trailer was 600 lbs. heavier on that side from the factory. I decided to upgrade all springs to five leaf packs. I believe they are rated at somewhere around 3000 lbs. each. Well, a year and a half later, the upgraded springs are flattening out as well. I also have a bent front axle on the passenger side which has lead to horrible wear issues on that one tire. Pretty sure that's on me...I took a corner too tight on a right hand turn and made hard contact with a curb. I had about 15,000 miles on this set of Goodyear Endurance tires.

So, I purchased a new set of Goodyears, swapped out the best of the existing ones for the original Westlake spare, and tossed one in the garage as a backup. I also ordered two Dexter 6000 lbs. complete (but disassembled) axles. I understand that this isn't really much of an upgrade from the original 5200 lbs. axles as they are mostly identical. I spoke to a couple of trailer parts/repair shops about what capacity I should be looking at. Both recommended six leaf, 7000 lbs. springs, so I went that route. I expressed concern that this might transfer too much harshness to the trailer but both shops felt that it would be the correct choice. I also ordered a set of Sumosprings, but at that point, I was planning on going with 6000 lbs. springs. With the higher spring capacity, I'm now thinking the Sumosprings will have minimal impact. If anyone has a thought on this, I would welcome it.

The tires are mounted but all the other parts are ordered and scheduled to arrive by the end of this month. Excluding the tires, I have about $2200 invested in new suspension parts, which isn't a crazy amount. My guess is the shop I use will charge me 8 hours (@ $140) for install so I will be at $3400 OTD for a basically new suspension. Based on current pricing for...well, everything...that doesn't feel unreasonable. The real question is, will this provide me with a long term solution or possibly create new issues?