User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DON’T BUY 320MKS(fridge problem)

Unless/until they fix the unattended opening of the refrigerator/freezer doors. The only security is a cheesy plastic piece that is more of a child security thing. It will NOT prevent opening on rough roads.

when both fridge and freezer doors open — and they will unless totally empty — you cannot open that slide without breaking some things. I just did one my brand new rig after it opened for a second time in spite of us taping the cheesy plastic thing in place. Yeah, the “thing” popped right off, allowing both doors to open.

Horrible design. Needs a positive latch.
    Gil 'n Jenn
    Marble Falls, TX
    320MKS (coming out of a Class A)
    2970W / 800AH Victron & Battleborn
    F-350 (SRW, 7.3 Godzilla)

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJustice View Post
    Unless/until they fix the unattended opening of the refrigerator/freezer doors. The only security is a cheesy plastic piece that is more of a child security thing. It will NOT prevent opening on rough roads.

when both fridge and freezer doors open — and they will unless totally empty — you cannot open that slide without breaking some things. I just did one my brand new rig after it opened for a second time in spite of us taping the cheesy plastic thing in place. Yeah, the “thing” popped right off, allowing both doors to open.

So sorry to hear about your problem. We have a similar refrigerator and there's a latch on the top where you pull a bungee around two hooks, very effective. Maybe yours didn't come with that. Others have been able to order that from GD (https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post413536).
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is hard to follow. No pics, something described as "thingy". No request for help or ideas of how to correct the situation, just a "don't buy" because I have a problem I can explain in a way that is helpful.
    2021 Reflection 340RDS
    2022 Ram 3500 Big Horn/CCSB//4X4/SRW/HEMI/4:10
    2019 Imagine 2250RK~Sold

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a fridge problem....I wouldnt say dont buy X model because the fridge has issues, plenty of other models will have the same fridge. If you need suggestions on how to fix the problem, there are plenty of people here with great ideas if you're interested.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkevinmarshsr View Post
    This is hard to follow. No pics, something described as "thingy". No request for help or ideas of how to correct the situation, just a "don't buy" because I have a problem I can explain in a way that is helpful.
    Yeah, I was venting. Sorry for the poor write-up. BUT, this particular problem is unique to the 320MKS because the fridge is in the rear and the slide comes in across the front. Then, when the door of the freezer side gets pushed open from the inside by shifting items (like a pack of frozen meat), the door is likely to be propped open by that object and thus the slide cannot be operated without tearing off the trim.

Any fridge/freezer needs a positive latching system. Any heavy item can shift and push it open even with the usual tension bars.
    Gil 'n Jenn
    Marble Falls, TX

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJustice View Post

Following up. Turns out there is a bungee cord on hooks system that is supposed to be fitted to the top edge of the doors. That was not done at the factory in my case. Dealer fixed. I also found the zip-like child locks and will use BOTH.

I am not impressed with using only bungee cords but it should be an improvement.
    Gil 'n Jenn
    Marble Falls, TX

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try pushing in the travel pins at the top of your door handle( latch) to secure the doors. We don’t have any issues with the doors opening in transit with ours
    Retired Transportation ,
    2015 GMC 2500HD. (6.0L.) Crew Cab. S.R.W.
    2021 reflection 320 MKS. With some mod.s
    2nd. Rv. And lovin it.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cshyman62 View Post
    Try pushing in the travel pins at the top of your door handle( latch) to secure the doors. We don’t have any issues with the doors opening in transit with ours
    He has a residential style reefer, not an absorption one.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems GD hasn't decided how to secure these 12v Furrion fridges yet.

Our 2022 260RD (Oct 2021 build date) came from the factory with the bungee cord attached to the top of the two doors and the fridge top.

It works great... As long as you remember to attach it before driving.
    Mike and Rebecca Mullin, Bend OR
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2001 Chev 2500 HD, 8.1-liter gas, 4x4

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmullin View Post
    Seems GD hasn't decided how to secure these 12v Furrion fridges yet.

Our 2022 260RD (Oct 2021 build date) came from the factory with the bungee cord attached to the top of the two doors and the fridge top.

It works great... As long as you remember to attach it before driving.
    See my post above about our “opening” disaster. My bungee system was missed at the factory. Now have it AND the following:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072KPZMMV...roduct_details

Belts and suspenders. The baby lock works quite well.
    Gil 'n Jenn
    Marble Falls, TX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast