User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCRICHRI View Post
    Hi all, so now I’m confused. Am I supposed to jack from the u bolts on the axles or the frame? Also can I use the leveling system to help . What are people doing? Thanks
    If jacking by the axle, do it right at the u-bolts. It's unlikely your jack will be able to reach the frame unless you have a jack that extends higher than a typical jack. My personal opinion is the hydrualic leveling system would be ok for a tire change, especially when sometimes setting up at camp it will lift all tires of one side off the ground. Obviously, it's up to you and you would have to be responsible for how things turn out.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your leveling system is six point hydraulic then as stated loosen lug nuts, operate level system in manual mode and lift the side up you want to change tire on.. if the angle side to side is greater then 3 plus degrees raise the her side slightly to level up side to side and then manually left on the side you need to take tire off

Remove and rolled tire, lower, torque lug nuts

You don’t need to carry half a trees worth of wood blocks to change a tire ..the lifting capacity of the six point level up is

14K lbs per each front LG
    10K lbs per each mid/rear leveler

More than five times the capacity needed to lift the entire fifth wheel off the forjnd and remove all four tires at once if desired.

It’s hiw I pull my tires annually for brake and bearing maintenance

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I, too, use the hydraulic system to remove/replace tires and wheels. If I'm going to be working on it other than a tire/wheel change (like when I adjusted the height on the MORryde independent suspension), I use jack stands under the frame at key points in front of and behind the suspension system for safety.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob
    I have Morryde’s IS and need to raise one of the tires to replace a bent shock absorber. Tell me the procedure you use to raise a tire with the leveling jacks.

Thanks
    Jerry

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerrybsd View Post
    Rob
    I have Morryde’s IS and need to raise one of the tires to replace a bent shock absorber. Tell me the procedure you use to raise a tire with the leveling jacks.

Thanks
    Jerry
    You don't say what year your RV is, so I don't know if you have the new-fangled One Connect or the old fashioned control panel on the basement door - mine is the latter. I chock the wheels and put the controller in manual mode. I then raise one side at a time using the Left or Right buttons. It will get to a point where it will go no further because it's too far out of level. At that point, I raise the opposite side some so I can keep raising the side I want. When I'm done, I just use the Retract function to bring everything back up (rear only so the front landing gear stay down).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob sorry
    2022 solitude 390rk/r

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerrybsd View Post
    Rob sorry
    2022 solitude 390rk/r
    @Jerrybsd -

No problem... here's my standard forum tips blurb (see how to create a signature):

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do it with a ramp under the good tire.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyFiver View Post
    I do it with a ramp under the good tire.
    I never like this procedure because although it is for a brief period of time all of the weight of the coach is on that one axle ,tire and springs
    Ymmv
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, all of the weight of the coach is on that one axle - plus the two wheels on the other side.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast