Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    I'm set to 13'6" and get the picture below:
    Attachment 41750
    Hard to tell , are all the diamonds height warnings?
    If they are then, there is something wrong with the program, I have traveled many of those highways with My 310gk, and my old camper.
    2021 310gk
    2019 F350 Platinum CCSB SRW

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pfd278 View Post
    Hard to tell , are all the diamonds height warnings?
    If they are then, there is something wrong with the program, I have traveled many of those highways with My 310gk, and my old camper.
    They are all 13'6" low clearance bridge warnings. Verified on google maps that the bridges cross I-95. Very curious why RVTW is showing warnings for some and not others? Plenty of truck traffic and I've also driven the road - no clearance issues. Seems like RVTW does not give the same results?

Even if I manually set the height to 12'6", I still get the same warnings.
    Last edited by ajg617; 07-11-2022 at 11:59 AM.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are all 13'6" low clearance bridge warnings. Verified on google maps that the bridges cross I-95. Very curious why RVTW is showing warnings for some and not others? Plenty of truck traffic and I've also driven the road - no clearance issues. Seems like RVTW does not give the same results?

Even if I manually set the height to 12'6", I still get the same warnings.
    In May and June, we did a Virginia-Maine (up to Bar Harbor)-Virginia trip. Planned it on RVTW and have a Garmin RV890. No warnings from either on any portion of the route on I-95. Our measured height is 13' 5"; RVTW and the 890 are set for 13' 6". I do recall a few bridges with 13' 10" to 14' 0" marked clearances, but those were often for just 1 of the 2 or 3 lanes. Not positive about this, but it seemed like MA had the most lower (not "low") clearance overpasses since I recall saying to my wife that we only had 4" of clearance a few times.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok. I got the warnings to show up. I had "Hazards", "Low Clearance" turned off in my filters. Once I turned that on and zoomed in a bit I saw all the low clearance warnings.

Interestingly, it didn't alter my trip routing. So I assume at 13'6" it was OK with taking I-95.

I got silly and increased my height to 17'6". Sure enough, it routed me off I-95 and around the low clearances.

So the conclusion is that RVTW shows ALL low clearances when the filter is turned on; whether-or-not you are using that route or not. But whether on or off, it will not route you along a route that has a clearance lower than what you set in the settings.

Hope this helps someone. I always use RVTW for planning and my Garmin 890 for routing and double check it again low clearances in Allstays.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See response from RVLife below. They should correct the pop-up height for that route. If the visual aids are inaccurate, nuff said.

John,
    You need to be made aware that the routing engine we use does not use the low-clearance hazard icons to determine routing at all. It has its own independant avoidance database that is much more extensive than ours. The icons you see on the map are simply a visual aid on the map, they are not used to determine routing. Also, many times the low-clearance icon refers to an underpass that goes under an interstate highway, rather than actually on the interstate.

Larry - RV Trip Wizard Support Team
    Robin & John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See response from RVLife below. They should correct the pop-up height for that route. If the visual aids are inaccurate, nuff said.

John,
    You need to be made aware that the routing engine we use does not use the low-clearance hazard icons to determine routing at all. It has its own independant avoidance database that is much more extensive than ours. The icons you see on the map are simply a visual aid on the map, they are not used to determine routing. Also, many times the low-clearance icon refers to an underpass that goes under an interstate highway, rather than actually on the interstate.

Larry - RV Trip Wizard Support Team
    Sooooo - don't rely on RVTW for routing?
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Sooooo - don't rely on RVTW for routing?
    Been having an email conversation with two support techs and it's like talking to a wall. My point to them all along has been that RVTW shouldn't be routing 13'6" RVs under overpasses that are 13'6" or if RVTW visual references are incorrect, they should darn well match the phantom database that routing uses.

Interestingly, they are in my account creating trips from Wyoming to Maine so someone is checking.

Thanks to the OP @Hills23 for alerting - hopefully RVLife will make some adjustments.
    Last edited by ajg617; 07-13-2022 at 12:25 AM.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I'm surprised that your 337 is 13' 6" tall. Our 337 - even with 2" added with the installation of the MORryde independent suspension (and with a second AC up front), wasn't that tall. Does it sit nose-high on the truck?

Rob
    Rob,
    Not to hijack the thread, but how did MORryde keep you under 13'6" for your 310 or did it not add 2" height on that model (I know they measure and customize spacers)? Just curious as I'm very close to 13'6" as is.
    Thanks,
    John
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob,
    Not to hijack the thread, but how did MORryde keep you under 13'6" for your 310 or did it not add 2" height on that model (I know they measure and customize spacers)? Just curious as I'm very close to 13'6" as is.
    Thanks,
    John
    Our 337 - prior to the IS installation - was under 13' when level on the truck (with the second low-profile AC over the bedroom). MORryde asked if I wanted it stock height or some height added... I asked for 2" additional height for better bedrail clearance with the truck we had at the time. They added 2" with the sub-chassis and the trailer came out just over 13' sitting level on the truck. The stock spec is 12'6" (probably without the second AC) - have you measured with the trailer level and are you absolutely sure about your measurements?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Between 13'5.5" and 13'6" as measured when hooked up. Bed rail clearance is 6.5" close to front - less as you go further back on the nose or measure over the tailgate (6"). I could drop an inch if I replace the B&W ball with the Curt/Mopar ball.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast