User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion tankless water heater making howling noise when running hot water only

Hello All! Have a 2021.2 Reflection 31MB with the Furrion Tankless water heater and have started to experience a howling noise coming from the basement when the hot water is running by itself. It comes and goes lightly when both cold and hot water are running, and goes away completely when cold only is running.

Anybody experience this issue?

Thanks!
    2021 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD SRV 6.6 Gas
    2021 Reflection 31MB

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure this is a hot water heater issue? Does the same thing happen when the furnace is on? I have the same sort of issue but I'm thinking it is a gas regulator issue. I'm scheduled for the recall so I'm not fixing it now.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had a situation pop up occasionally that when something is pulling a lot of propane (furnace, geney, etc) I will get a howling sound. In my case it was the propane bottle touching something (leveler hydraulic line, metal bracket, etc) and it was vibrating at high rate creating the sound. Shifting the propane bottle slightly cures it. It took awhile to figure it out the first time.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    I have had a situation pop up occasionally that when something is pulling a lot of propane (furnace, geney, etc) I will get a howling sound. In my case it was the propane bottle touching something (leveler hydraulic line, metal bracket, etc) and it was vibrating at high rate creating the sound. Shifting the propane bottle slightly cures it. It took awhile to figure it out the first time.
    By George I think you've got it. Although it appears to be the red valve (pressure regulator?) that is vibrating against the metal enclosure. I can replace that part or just use the other tank side i suppose.
    2021 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD SRV 6.6 Gas
    2021 Reflection 31MB