User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe the Lance is the better quality trailer but be prepared to pay for this quality. Find a floor plan that works for you and your wife and buy it. I have had virtually no issues with our Reflection but others are not so fortunate. Good luck with your search.
    John & Cindy
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ford F250 6.7 PSD

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for all the advise, since this is my first RV, I wanted to be on the safe side and I found a 2018 Lance 2295 that weighs 6400 that my Ram1500 can safely tow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	62912b841b56707b00578b17.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	41803

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a Software Engineer by trade and numbers is what I want to hear. When I was looking, I got the, "no way can you tow that" and "get a F250 (2500) and it took a while to get someone that could give me something to show me numbers.
    I wanted the 2670MK but got a 231RK instead. They were close but after crunching the numbers it wasn't close. I still get stares from people when they see me towing my TT with a F150. But I had to special order it. Bigger engine, gears, suspension, etc. it has 2000+ lbs cargo and can tow 11,000lbs towing capacity. BUT I learned (may be wrong) that those are not really the numbers to look at. It is a combination of many numbers. I went to here and got more numbers (I love numbers). https://brandonreid.github.io/truck-...ity/index.html
    I felt way more comfortable pulling the 231rk.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's also lots of good information in this Reference Library thread:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ing-Capability

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Numbers are fun and from that page you can play with lots of numbers, but with all sincerity, those numbers are only good for estimating unless you have weighed numbers to input
    . If you want to feel truly comfortable (or maybe not so comfortable depending on the situation) you need to look at the sticker on your door and take the rig fully loaded as if you were traveling and get it weighed. Smart Weight is the best way to do it because it weighs each wheel but Cat Scales are great too. That’s the only way you will know for sure how much capacity you have remaining once everyone and everything is loaded up.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys , the OP has made a purchase
    Time to put this thread to bed
    He bought a Lance
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great Unit

Quote Originally Posted by TJS1200 View Post
    So the LOML springs on me last week that she wants a travel trailer to visit children and grand children, I am very prone to over think things when it comes to making the best purchase I can (hence the headaches), I've read threads were people rave about their RV and other reviews that don't instill much confidence.

I have narrowed it down to a used GD Imagine (unsure which one) and a Lance 2285 or 2295. My tow vehicles are a 2020 1500 Ram and a 2012 1500 Ram (Not at the same time), I've ruled out the 2670 due to its weight (if I am wrong let me know), my wife likes the 2670 and 2800bh, but like all things you find good and bad reviews.

My questions for the wise GD owners what would you recommend, help me spend my money wisely.

Do you have electrical issues (I've read where several people have said they can't run two appliances at a time).

Any advise would be appreciated and I am sure I will have more questions.

Thank you,
    Tim
    https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/202...RBE-5022169304

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we have a 2600rb and tow with a ford f1550 with eco boost and tow package no problem

So the LOML springs on me last week that she wants a travel trailer to visit children and grand children, I am very prone to over think things when it comes to making the best purchase I can (hence the headaches), I've read threads were people rave about their RV and other reviews that don't instill much confidence.

I have narrowed it down to a used GD Imagine (unsure which one) and a Lance 2285 or 2295. My tow vehicles are a 2020 1500 Ram and a 2012 1500 Ram (Not at the same time), I've ruled out the 2670 due to its weight (if I am wrong let me know), my wife likes the 2670 and 2800bh, but like all things you find good and bad reviews.

My questions for the wise GD owners what would you recommend, help me spend my money wisely.

Do you have electrical issues (I've read where several people have said they can't run two appliances at a time).

Any advise would be appreciated and I am sure I will have more questions.

Thank you,
    Tim
    we have a 2600rb tow with a ford f 150 eco boost 3.5 with tow package no problem and love the trailer for 2 people

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too many questions actually

I will see if there are any RV show in our area, good advice.

The link you referred too was why I was no longer considering the 2670...to inexperienced.

I plan for at minimum two at most 6.

My wife likes the bunkhouse designs\

Thank for the information on the AMPs that helps.

Tim
    If the majority of the trips are for 2 people, my advice is don’t do the bunkhouse - you’ll regret losing the living space for when no kids are with you. I had a Reflection 337 RLS that had a fold out couch and grandkids loved it (for the occasional trips they made with me)… they are content to sleep anywhere when with the grandparents… also they’ll get to the age where they will want to sleep outside in a tent. And when they weren’t there I was appreciative of having a lot more usable living space.

As far as which model… I had a 2018 Reflection 337 and a year ago went to the Solitude 375Res… similar floor plan but ‘split’ level style with living room raised and the bedroom in the front. I bought it for the basement area below the rear living room… ample amount of room for the kayak, ebike, golf clubs… all the fun stuff to bring along on adventures. Of course you can’t tow that monster with anything less than a 1-ton truck. I have family that have the Imagine and they are very happy with theirs.

No matter what brand you get… they’re all ‘houses’ on wheels (continual earthquakes) and things do go wrong occasionally… hopefully whichever you end up will be trouble free for major concerns.
    MonaLisa Gypsy Girl
    2018 Reflection 337RLS
    2019 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn Diesel 4x4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Traveler View Post
    We are new also. We rented a trailer first to get a feel for the whole thing. It was a small trailer (Wolf Pup something or other, 20 ft, single axle). That trip really opened our eyes to what we wanted and didn't want - e.g. we didn't want a closet for a bathroom, we didn't want storage space limited to wheel chocks and tank dumping equipment, and we didn't want the poorer quality that generally comes with lighter weight. The other big lesson we learned from that trip was the limitation of a 1/2 ton tow vehicle even on a small trailer. I don't ever again want to block ten vehicles pulling a long steep grade (mountainous west). There are a lot of people on this forum that may have higher blood pressure after reading this comment - "my 1500, 150, whatever, pulls my XXX just fine". I am sure that is true in some cases.

However, one thing I have learned from this and other RV forums is - if financially feasible, first, pick the trailer you will be happy with and then get the truck to pull it safely. Never in my wildest dreams did I picture us with a dually 1-ton. We followed the advice from the forums and picked our "perfect" trailer after visiting RV shows and dealers. Then we evaluated weight, payload, safety etc. and eliminated everything less than a 1-ton diesel dually. Our goals sound different than yours because we are planning to full-time. But I think the same principle applies. If you limit your trailer selection to what your current truck can handle, you, or the LOYL, may wind up being unhappy with your trailer. Then you'll be buying another trailer AND a different truck anyway.

Good luck and happy camping!
    THIS^^^^, is GREAT advice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast