User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pulled a 2600RB GD Travel Trailer for a year with same Truck as you have. I was over payload and Gross weight everytime by 500 plus pounds. Very little water in tanks. The Truck pulled fine but as a Commerical Class A Driver and knowing I was over on weight ratings it made me nervous.
    I have upgraded to a Silverado 3500 Duramax and now that I am in a HD Truck I would never want to go back to a 1500 truck towing that weight. Granite I am an RV Hauler but my 3500 pulls these loads and much more effortlessy and the truck is so much more planted and stable.
    I did love my F150 2.7 Ecoboost but my Heavy Duty does it with ease,,,

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes as said getting more truck with today's prices just will not be an option for us so we will need to settle on a trailer or just give up.

Fedmil -love my 2.7 a lot other than this tow limit. Wish it was a 3.5 though because it would be a better match to buy the 2500rl.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Totally agree with you that the truck market is crazy. And so happy that your setup is working for you. In my case, I was fortunate to find a lightly used 3/4 ton that seemed affordable after I got nearly all I'd paid for the 1/2 ton in trade-in value. Since I'm paying as I go (so to speak), the small increment on my payment was insignificant to what I gained in peace of mind.
    Lightly used 3/4 ton isn’t even heard of in most places
    The 3/4 tons we use on the farm might look lightly used but they toted around a 15 k lb skid steer through potato fields
    I personally would never by a used truck
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeMeHome View Post
    Yes as said getting more truck with today's prices just will not be an option for us so we will need to settle on a trailer or just give up.

Fedmil -love my 2.7 a lot other than this tow limit. Wish it was a 3.5 though because it would be a better match to buy the 2500rl.
    The 3.5 would likely have lower payload actually
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    The 3.5 would likely have lower payload actually
    I know they are rated to pull more.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the dealer looked into my truck and said the numbers work. Their reply:

"Gotcha, the weight of the 2500RL with the propane tanks full(60lbs) = 6194 leaving you with about 1,400 lbs of difference.

I cannot find the exact number for your tongue weight or payload capacity. However with Our weight distribution hitch it takes 20% of the hitch/tongue weight off of the truck and redistributes that to the trailer.

Looking at the numbers you would be fine, it's within the acceptable weight limits. You would not want to carry more water than you need traveling unless you plan on going off the grid. Most folks do not carry more than 10 gallons of water while traveling.
    "

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know they are rated to pull more.
    Just because of the engine not because of anything else
    Your 2.7 will scream pulling but so won’t the 3.5
    Gasoline engines rev up. Doesn’t hurt them a bit
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Gotcha, the weight of the 2500RL with the propane tanks full(60lbs) = 6194 leaving you with about 1,400 lbs of difference.

I cannot find the exact number for your tongue weight or payload capacity. However with Our weight distribution hitch it takes 20% of the hitch/tongue weight off of the truck and redistributes that to the trailer.

Looking at the numbers you would be fine, it's within the acceptable weight limits. You would not want to carry more water than you need traveling unless you plan on going off the grid. Most folks do not carry more than 10 gallons of water while traveling.
    "
    Of course your dealer said it would work
    The salesman would be fired if he said otherwise
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"
    I'm afraid he dealt you some BS. The wdh will redistribute weight off you rear tv axle and onto the front. Tongue weight is tongue and is subtracted from the TV payload. Then there's the GRAR to look at the GVWR and GCWR.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started out with a Tundra pulling a Transcend 247BH. I'm sure I was over the payload capacity. Didn't really bother me for shorter trips in the state, but I didn't like it when taking longer trips. We bought a 1-ton dually knowing that we were going to upgrade to the 5th wheel we have now.

Said all that to say, if you expect to travel mostly short trips close to home, you may be fine in the short term until you can afford to upgrade trucks. If you plan to travel long distances right away, the HD truck will pay off. I used to get pretty tense with the Tundra. Not so much with the F350.
    2016 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
    2021 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3550BH

Camp Sites - https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...fw&usp=sharing

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast