User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManageIT View Post
    You will probably be fine (ducking now to avoid objects thrown by tow police). All us forum members err on the side of caution because we are RV nerds. However, I can't tell you how many big trailers I see in campground with half-tons and even SUVs parked in front of them. Passed a 30' bumper pull being pulled by a Honda Pilot yesterday. Ignorance is bliss...

Keep your speed down and you follow distance large.
    I started RVing long before there was a personal computer and certainly no internet. My first trailer was about 21' long and much heaver than they are today. For instance there was no water pump, instead the water tank was SS and there was an air pump to pressurize the tank. I towed that trailer many thousands of miles with my Ford LTD sedan with no problems. Many others towed with station wagons also with very little problems. Of course with no internet there were no tow police.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    I never had a F-150, but I did Have a Tundra. Then I went from the Tundra to a Ram 1500. The Tundra was way more truck than the Ram1500. In opinion the Ram 1500 was nothing more than a passenger car with a pickup truck body.
    Gotcha. Ya I’m hoping I’ll be safe for the 400 miles of flat highway to it’s rv park where it will sit for the next few years. Maybe a few local trips from there if I feel comfortable.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s in my signature.
    BigSam
    2021 Imagine 2500 RL
    2020 F150 SuperCab FX4 6.5 Bed 5.0L Engine
    Carry Cap 2066# Tow Cap 9100# Truck 7050# GWVR

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to nit pick... you mentioned just a few gals of fresh water to flush. In my 2500RL and as many others have stated, a few gals won't get the pump going. In my case, I have to onboard over 15 gals before the sensor gets to 1/3 and the pump runs w/o spewing air.

Those extra gals will add up and if you are at/above capacity, this isn't going to help

For me, we went with a Silverado 2500 out of the gate, used 2021, still expensive but so happy I didn't try to squeeze a 2500RL into a 1/2 ton

Just my $02

Good luck and enjoy what every you decide
    Rick

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on the can do it side, I questioned a couple guys with this same model trailer at a campground (same as mine was the reason) they seemed plenty happy with their 3.5 ecoboosts with bags. One had the max tow package other did not . I eventually traded sideways into a newer 3/4 Ram with the 6.4 , which has been great for me.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    The 3.5 would likely have lower payload actually
    This just is not so. We just picked up our F150 3.5 EB high trim Platinum and the payload sticker indicates 1777#. We will take her to the scales today.
    Joyful & Drake
    SE Texas
    2022 Grand Design 2600RB
    2022 F150 Platinum 1777# Payload
    ProPride-3 1400 Hitch

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234