User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like fun!
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am currently in Valdez - WOW
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We left July 22 from Durango and headed NW towards Salt Lake City. US160 to US491 to 191 to I70 then west to Green river and NW on 6/191 to Provo for the night Stayed at Provo KOA nice but pricy - find somewhere else if you can.

July 23 North on I15. Stopped just outside of Great Falls MT at Wolf Creek, Boon docked at a government trailer park in the field.

July 24 North on I15 to Alberta Canada border. I had filled out the entry form before leaving but they did not want it. Entry lady was very nice, but asked a lot of questions that she knew the answers for before hand. I ma pretty sure their data base is linked with ours. No issues and we were on our way. spent the night at Red Deer at their city park. I15 changes to Canada 4 then to 2 as it heads towards Calgary.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1069 Red Deer alberta city park.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	42246

July 25 took 2 north LeDuc and found a Bank to change some funds to Canadian and find a Walmart and buy DEF, but most Walmart's in Canada don't carry it. We discovered our Consumer Cellular phones would not work in Canada even after talking to them, We ended up buying a Canadian sim card at WallMary with unlimited calls text and some data for $50C and could finally call home and get information on the road. While there I found a bypass around Edmonton, At Leduc take 39 west to Calmer and then north to 216 and then west to 43 to Grand Prairie. WARNING - 43 just ease of there is extremely rough and can make a mess of things in the trailer. Spent the night at the Rotary Club camp ground. Nice place. Spent 2 hours cleaning up soy sauce and olive oil that had bounced out of a cupboard and broken. Learned a lesson on packing

Name:	IMG_1070 Grande Prairie.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	42247

July 26 continued west on 43 to Dawson creek (the start of the al-can hwy) and stopped at Fort St John at the GGG camp ground - skip this place.

July 27 continued on 97 towards Watson Lake. Lots of construction. Around FT Nelson at a fuel stop I noticed a large bulge in a tire and changed it. Stopped at Watson Lake and stayed at the Downtown RV park, This is a sardine campground parking lot, but good power and quiet and good showers. We did not know it but laundry was cheep there too. The manager was also very helpful in changing US to Canadian and gave better rates than the bank.
    Another warning - I carry two credit cards. Discover and a Bank Of America Visa. Discover is basically unheard of in Canada and is not in their system. An while I had called Bank Of America and said I was traveling through Canada they flagged the usage as fraud and froze the card. The problem is out US phones were listed for security and as they did not work we never got the messages. Also as our Canada phone was so new they could not verify it. To compound the issue for them to talk to you they need to send a security code to listed number which did not work in Canada to talk to you. We had to have them sent the code to my daughter in Georgia and for her to text it to us. That worked and we so far have it straightened out. So talk to your credit card company and find out how to communicate in Canada. Just in case I stocked up on enough Canadian cash to get fuel to Alaska.

July 28 Continued in and stopped at the High country RV in Whitehorse to do laundry and get a new spare tire from the good year dealer. Find another camp ground as the prices were high and laundry even higher. We skipped the laundry. High country is a bit of a rowdy place.

Name:	IMG_1074 Whitehorse High Country RV.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	42248

July 29 crossed into Alaska and stopped in Tok Fuel $6 a gallon - paid $9 earlier in Canada. Stayed at the Sourdough campground. Heavily wooded sites - good rates and good laundry. Quiet place. Our old phones now work and best yet the Discover card is working everywhere. No more fueling limits of $150 to $200 Canadian at the pumps with the Visa.

Name:	IMG_1082  TOK Sourdough RV.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	42249

July 30 drove to Valdez and are staying at the Eagles Rest camp ground. Yep it's another parking lot, but good facility and the staff here is fantastic, Got my Alaska sport fishing license here and they told me where to go an catch the salmon that were running. We stayed 3 nights and leave tomorrow am (Aug 2nd) Towards Anchorage and on to Homer.

Name:	IMG_1097 Valdez Eagles rest.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	42250

More to come
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the update Keith. That sux about the BOA card issue. Must have been frustrating spending the time to get it sorted.
    How long are you touring around Alaska? Till you are tired of eating salmon?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great write up. While at the sourdough campground in Tok, did you go to the community happy hour where they through the pancakes? We had fun there.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keith - appreciate your thread here and reading the details/seeing pictures......great information ! Enjoy your Alaska/Canada adventure.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curious, did you make reservations for the entire trip or are you just winging it??
    Retired
    Azle Tx
    2022 Imagine 2670MK
    2022 Ford F-350 4x4 7.3 Godzilla

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like fun so far, look forward to updates as you go ,as cell signal allows!
    Retired
    Azle Tx
    2022 Imagine 2670MK
    2022 Ford F-350 4x4 7.3 Godzilla

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you do laundry a lot or is this just a report on laundy?
    We pack about 2 weeks worth of clothes and do laundry that often, fwiw.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    Great write up. While at the sourdough campground in Tok, did you go to the community happy hour where they through the pancakes? We had fun there.
    Yep and I swear he moved the bucket

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast