User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by huntindog; 08-31-2022 at 05:19 AM.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    This is my biggest recommendation. Unless you really have something to see in Calgary, Edmonton and points north and west to Dawson Creek the start of the Alcan - Skip it. Its very rough roads and not much to see.

Instead head west in the US through Montana. Idaho to Washington state and cut up to Canada at a western crossing like US 97 or a bit west at Abbotsford BC. The run up to Prince George BC, then west on 16 and take 37 north to the Alcan highway just west of Watson Lake and head west towards Whitehorse. This will save you a huge part of the extremely rough road. However between Whitehourse, Hains Jct and Tok Alaska watch out for the warning signs and slow down.
    We just arrived in Tok, Alaska yesterday after traveling up from Ocala, Florida. The drive from Haines Junction to Tok on the Alaska Highway is the roughest road I have ever traveled in my life. We traveled as slow as 5 mph in some sections. Our Solitude is the 345 GKR & the refrigerator is in the back. The refrigerator is not properly secured at the factory but that is another story. I’m looking for your feedback about traveling back to the states into Washington state as I have no desire to go through Edmonton & Sweetgrass again. I’m using the Milepost & would be very grateful if you could give me some specifics about your route. When you say you hit the Alcan west of Watson Lake did you travel up the Stewart Cassier highway?
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USA in a Chevrolet View Post
    We just arrived in Tok, Alaska yesterday after traveling up from Ocala, Florida. The drive from Haines Junction to Tok on the Alaska Highway is the roughest road I have ever traveled in my life. We traveled as slow as 5 mph in some sections. Our Solitude is the 345 GKR & the refrigerator is in the back. The refrigerator is not properly secured at the factory but that is another story. I’m looking for your feedback about traveling back to the states into Washington state as I have no desire to go through Edmonton & Sweetgrass again. I’m using the Milepost & would be very grateful if you could give me some specifics about your route. When you say you hit the Alcan west of Watson Lake did you travel up the Stewart Cassier highway?
    I don't have my milepost book, but take 17 south out of Upper Laird (get fuel in Watenson Lake first. Good campground center of town.

Now the first 100 miles of 37 is narrow and slow, but fantastic scenery - and it gets better from there and road improves the further south you go. Pay attention to fuel stops. I only used stations, but there are other stops with tanks at the side of the road. Now at Cranberry Junction you can head SW. It ends up at the Junction with 16 at Terrance - did not go that way, but want to in the future. I continued south on 37 bypassing this side trip and came out on 16 at Kitwaga. There is fuel at the junction but don eat there. I then went west on 16 to Prince Rupert - the dirtiest town I have ever visited. I did not fell safe there. I heard Port Edward is not much better.

I returned on 16 east to Prince George then south on 97 south to Cache Creek where I grabbed 1 south. I was headed towards western Washington State. At Abbotsford I cut south on 11 to Sumas. Sumas on the US side has great fuel prices. I then jogged over to I5.

Hopefully this all makes sense. Of all the roads in Canada I took 37 was the most peaceful drive and the best scenery and in pretty good shape.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789