User Tag List

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wet bolt greasing issue

I can't get grease in the rear bolt on both sides (bolt furthest to the right). I took the zirks off and they are fine. Is it because of the angle they are at when in storage? I was going to give it another shot when I pull it out Thursday to see if that helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled attachment 00104.jpg  
    2020 GD 320G
    2021 Ram 3500 H.O. SRW.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the bolts are not clocked correctly to allow the grease to flow out of the inner hole you may have to take the load off the bolts or reinstall them with the inner hole at 3 or 9 position.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyBell View Post
    I can't get grease in the rear bolt on both sides (bolt furthest to the right). I took the zirks off and they are fine. Is it because of the angle they are at when in storage? I was going to give it another shot when I pull it out Thursday to see if that helps.
    I can give you my experience with this. I have the same Equa flex. Each wet bolt took the grease except the two outside bolts (where they connect to the leaf springs). On both sides of the trailer. I removed them to find one side plugged with dirt. Cleaned them out with a drill bit and that took care of that side. The other side I found the holes on each were not drilled deep enough to meet the cross hole. I used a drill press and a V-block to correct that issue, but I think a vise and a hand grill would work ok as well. Typical poor qc on things you won't find out about right away. This is not a fun repair job. It takes jack stands, at least two hydraulic jacks, a punch, c-clamps and patience.
    2015 Solitude 320x
    2023 GMC 3500HD SRW Duramax long box
    B&W companion hitch non-slider

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had two bolts that were difficult to get greased. I bought an air powered grease gun at harbor freight and that had the ummph to get grease flowing.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onespeed View Post
    I can give you my experience with this. I have the same Equa flex. Each wet bolt took the grease except the two outside bolts (where they connect to the leaf springs). On both sides of the trailer. I removed them to find one side plugged with dirt. Cleaned them out with a drill bit and that took care of that side. The other side I found the holes on each were not drilled deep enough to meet the cross hole. I used a drill press and a V-block to correct that issue, but I think a vise and a hand grill would work ok as well. Typical poor qc on things you won't find out about right away. This is not a fun repair job. It takes jack stands, at least two hydraulic jacks, a punch, c-clamps and patience.
    I found it odd that both sides, same location had an issue. Maybe an assembly line problem if it doesn't matter the angle. I have all the tools you listed except the last one.
    2020 GD 320G
    2021 Ram 3500 H.O. SRW.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    I had two bolts that were difficult to get greased. I bought an air powered grease gun at harbor freight and that had the ummph to get grease flowing.
    Maybe overkill, but I can't climb under very well anymore and the suspension was making noise with each stop so I ordered a deWalt grease gun with a 40" hose. Also a lock-n-lube. Hope to be able to grease them all from outside the wheels with the length of the hose.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Maybe overkill, but I can't climb under very well anymore and the suspension was making noise with each stop so I ordered a deWalt grease gun with a 40" hose. Also a lock-n-lube. Hope to be able to grease them all from outside the wheels with the length of the hose.
    I have the Milwaukee one. It is awesome. I couldn't imagine hand pumping grease anymore
    2020 GD 320G
    2021 Ram 3500 H.O. SRW.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a cautionary FYI: Don't use the power grease guns to lube the EZ-Lube system, on the off chance you plan on that. Too much pressure.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Just a cautionary FYI: Don't use the power grease guns to lube the EZ-Lube system, on the off chance you plan on that. Too much pressure.
    I did that today. I took one wheel completely off and all looked clean. I hand packed that bearing and just put a couple squirts into the other ones as I rotated the tires. The power grease guns are just like hand pump, as long as you don't have the locking end on it. Those bolts that weren't taking the grease pushed me right off the zirk.
    2020 GD 320G
    2021 Ram 3500 H.O. SRW.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had one that would not take grease. Replaced it. Long thread about the work here.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...stall-question
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast