Thread: Schwintek PSA

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schwintek PSA

Hey gang, wanted to pass on some good news... for me and hopefully others

Some may recall that our slide is toast, need a whole new mechanism, minus controller and wiring harness

Dealer told me 6 weeks or more to get the parts in

So, I reached out to Lippert directly on 7/5 and inquired about lead time, they emailed me back on 7/6 and said "parts are 1 day out, no reason to take 6 weeks or more and to have the dealer contact them directly and use the case#" which they provided.

Talked to the dealer 7/7, they were very skeptical and in fact, they had a unit there that has been waiting for parts for just shy of 6 weeks. They also stated they go through GD and have never gone directly to Lippert. They stated that GD is over 2 weeks out just to ship parts once they arrive so add that into the 6 week lead-time.

Today the dealer called and said the entire mechanism is being built and will ship by Thurs this week and should be in hand next Monday/Tuesday... and will be installed next week as well. They thanked me for the info and stated they will be going directly to Lippert in the future. In fact he said he has a new unit there that filed inspection and parts have already been ordered and will be there next week

Long story short, ask your dealer to work directly with LCI if they aren't already

At this time, I'm a happy camper
    Good luck all

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick update on my slide adventure

9 business days from order of parts (directly from Schwintek) to being received at the dealer, 3 more days to install, came home today

Happy camper

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet deal. Get thee to a camping area.
    Randy and Kris