User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it possible to install bigger grey water tanks?

I have a 2022 Momentum 351 MS and they say it has 78 gallon capacity for grey water. But on our first trip we filled the main grey on the first day. So I called Grand Design Customer Service and they said it’s actually split between the half bath and the main area. So I only get 39 gallons for the main and 39 gallons for the half bath which hardly gets used. I am wondering if anyone knows if it’s possible to have a bigger grey tank added? Or if it’s even worth the hassle?
    Thanks!

- Tony

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing a lot of us do is install a Valterra gate valve at the sewer outlet, close the black tank, close the Valterra valve, and leave both gray tanks open. This effectively couples the two gray tanks together.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    One thing a lot of us do is install a Valterra gate valve at the sewer outlet, close the black tank, close the Valterra valve, and leave both gray tanks open. This effectively couples the two gray tanks together.

Rob
    Oh ok, thank you. I’ll look into that. I’ve never heard of a Valterra valve. Is it easy to install on your own?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My underbelly has room for slightly larger tanks of all types. However weight balance and frame strength issues make me very cautious. The benefits of another 10-15 gallons has me looking at 'blue boys' for 20-35 gallons instead.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Ramage View Post
    Oh ok, thank you. I’ll look into that. I’ve never heard of a Valterra valve. Is it easy to install on your own?
    Not hard, but it, as usual, depends on the application. I put this one, https://www.valterra.com/product/twi...e-valve-boxed/, on the end of my black tank drain because the OEM valve never seemed to shut off completely. I had the clear elbow, but that only shows you what's there, not how to deal with it.

Check around for prices, I bought mine off Ebay for $8, most places are around $14.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Not hard, but it, as usual, depends on the application. I put this one, https://www.valterra.com/product/twi...e-valve-boxed/, on the end of my black tank drain because the OEM valve never seemed to shut off completely. I had the clear elbow, but that only shows you what's there, not how to deal with it.

Check around for prices, I bought mine off Ebay for $8, most places are around $14.
    Oh ok, I’ve seen those. I’ve just never known the name I guess. Lol. Thanks for the info.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post

Rob
    Unfortunately that doesn't work with several models because the front grey tank (kitchen / front bathroom) is far away from the rear combo grey/black tank (half bath / laundry)
    2021 Momentum 395MS

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2022 Momentum 351 MS and they say it has 78 gallon capacity for grey water. But on our first trip we filled the main grey on the first day. So I called Grand Design Customer Service and they said it’s actually split between the half bath and the main area. So I only get 39 gallons for the main and 39 gallons for the half bath which hardly gets used. I am wondering if anyone knows if it’s possible to have a bigger grey tank added? Or if it’s even worth the hassle?
    Thanks!

- Tony
    How many waste tanks do you have? IOW how many handles do you need to pull to dump all grey and black?
    I am trying to figure out from looking at your floorplan just how it is plumbed.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    How many waste tanks do you have? IOW how many handles do you need to pull to dump all grey and black?
    I am trying to figure out from looking at your floorplan just how it is plumbed.
    There’s two black tanks and two grey tanks. But there’s two black handles and only one grey handle. So I’m not sure how it’s plumbed.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’s two black tanks and two grey tanks. But there’s two black handles and only one grey handle. So I’m not sure how it’s plumbed.
    That’s incorrect. There’s only three tanks.

One grey tank for the shower, the bathroom sink and kitchen sink.
    One black tank for the front toilet near the shower.
    One combo grey/black for the rear half bath (if option selected) and washer dryer hookups.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast