Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250rk CAT Scale Update

Ok folks. So i "tried" to set up my pathway e2 hitch for my truck today. Started by raising the ball as it was dropped down pretty low to ground by previous owner.

First weight w/o bars

Steer. 3120
    Drive 3580
    trailer 5240
    total 11940

with bars engaged ( i did not weight truck only which i know i should have)

Steer. 3160
    Drive. 3480
    trailer 5280
    total. 11920

it seems clear i have much room for more wd up front. I think i can do this by adding washers or raising brackets. I do note that the bars were not hard to engage AT ALL. Thus, not sure if i raised ball too much or not. My main problem with lowering brackets is they appear to be welded on. How much of a difference will adding washers make. Tow is very easy right now and level so not sure what to really do. I am a NEWBIE.

Truck stats

GVRW 7100
    GCWR 15000
    RGAWR. 3800
    Curb 5564
    max payload 1536

TIA

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moonshoxx View Post
    Ok folks. So i "tried" to set up my pathway e2 hitch for my truck today. Started by raising the ball as it was dropped down pretty low to ground by previous owner.

First weight w/o bars

Steer. 3120
    Drive 3580
    trailer 5240
    total 11940

with bars engaged ( i did not weight truck only which i know i should have)

Steer. 3160
    Drive. 3480
    trailer 5280
    total. 11920

it seems clear i have much room for more wd up front. I think i can do this by adding washers or raising brackets. I do note that the bars were not hard to engage AT ALL. Thus, not sure if i raised ball too much or not. My main problem with lowering brackets is they appear to be welded on. How much of a difference will adding washers make. Tow is very easy right now and level so not sure what to really do. I am a NEWBIE.

Truck stats

GVRW 7100
    GCWR 15000
    RGAWR. 3800
    Curb 5564
    max payload 1536

TIA
    Great start!

In order to really see what the wd hitch is doing we need those truck weights. On first blush it is doing something, so that is good.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250rk CAT Scale Update

Your hitch is doing almost nothing so it definitely needs washers or a complete redo of the brackets

The bars should be level

A guy camping next to me a few days ago left and he has the same husky hitch as mine He backed under and lowered the trailer onto the truck and then put his bars on. He was doing nothing to distribute weight. His f150 was way high in the front

With my truck I have to almost lift the tires of the truck off of the ground in order to snap my spring bars in place

But like has been said and I have said in a previous post. You need the weight of your truck alone as you camp. Without this figure you can’t determine much
    But it is obvious you are not returning any weight to the front axle

On edit: if you don’t have the instructions for the hitch they would be online but the first measurement is to measure the top of the coupler with the trailer level and have the top of your ball on the truck an inch higher
    Last edited by NB Canada; 07-16-2022 at 10:23 AM.
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 washer equals about 1 chain link, or 1 hole on brackets.
    As for the specs, it is transfering weight to both the TT and TV front axle. There is 20# missing (which is the unit of measure on the scales) so it is likely that it transferred about 50# to both the TT axles and the TV FA.

Without a weigh of the truck alone, that is all I can say.
    Last edited by huntindog; 07-16-2022 at 01:29 PM.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison