User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The real MSRP for 2022 Imagine 2970RL?

I have the VIN number. Can I find the real MSRP from Grand Design for the Imagine 2970RL? I’ve seen $59,900 to $65,000 as MSRP. Should I offer 30% off actual MSRP? Are these numbers inflated or legit:

Doc fee=$445, PDI=$500, Hitch plus brake control=$1000, TTL= Approx $3,300. Sale price on this 2970RL is approx $50,000 prior to these other fees. What is considered a good deal purchase price for me? Thanks for help and suggestions.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follow this link to the Grand Design build and price website and select options to obtain current MSRP. The listed MSRP does not include cost of transporting from the manufacturer to dealer. My understanding is there have been frequent price increases; others may be able to provide other means to identify MSRP specific to the build date of the trailer you're looking at.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/shoppi...orplan/8/85831

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The internet is your friend
    Use it and find your best deal
    The great thing is these trailers have wheels and you can sleep in them so travel to get the cheapest price
    I travelled 800miles one way to get mine
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are looking at the same trailer. The "Real" MSRP is what anyone says it is. However, I have two documents from two different dealers purporting to show the MSRP for a particular rig. If you do some internet searching, you will find them too. The build process on the GD website is an excellent place to start and you will get something that GD says is the MSRP for a particular rig. In my case, the "base price" for a 2022 and 2023 2970RL are the same: $50,701. add in all the required options and packages and the end number is around $61,177. From their, it's anyone guess and any Dealers business model.

When dealers advertise a 2022 for $49,995, that is close to the lowest you'll find published. Any lower prices will only be talked about in the office.

Have fun, make your best deal and go camping!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't forget that there have been frequent price increases of late. So the MSRP might reflect what it was at the time the dealer bought it. Or it might include transport to the dealer that other places list on top of other costs.

More importantly - find out a bit more about the "doc fees". Your state vehicle services should be able to tell you what the fees really are for title and licensing. Anything else is plain old dealer profit. $500 for PDI??? Most dealers bake that into their final offering price, if they mark up for it at all, and don't charge separately. Hitch and controller? Hard to say without knowing make and model of each, but seems pretty high. Unless your out-the-door total cost is comparative to other places, walk away from this deal....
    And no, don't even consider the extended warranty or finish protection packages they will also push on you....

The good news is with the high prices for gas and the chaos in the economy, the gravy days for the dealers seem to be coming to a close. So you are regaining the power to negotiate better...
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an update, we made a deal on Friday with a dealer 3 hours away for a 2023 Imagine 2970RL. We took it home and camped in two different places along the way. We LOVE the rig and are scheduling week-ends and other trips as fast as we can! There are deals out there to be made!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluestreak View Post
    As an update, we made a deal on Friday with a dealer 3 hours away for a 2023 Imagine 2970RL. We took it home and camped in two different places along the way. We LOVE the rig and are scheduling week-ends and other trips as fast as we can! There are deals out there to be made!
    So glad to hear that you found a TT that you "LOVE"!
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Bluestreak,
    Curious what you’re using as a tow vehicle for your 2970RL?

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by William1449 View Post
    Hi Bluestreak,
    Curious what you’re using as a tow vehicle for your 2970RL?
    @William1449 -

The best ways to get someone's attention are to use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification. You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way. @Bluestreak.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MSRP is a strange concept in the COVID days. We purchased our RV in January of this year. When shopping, we found several dealers that had two identical models listed $5k apart price-wise. The most recent builds were always more expensive for the identical trailer.

I haven't kept up with price increases since then but if you can find a "pre-price-increase" trailer, you'll save a lot of $. We ended up buying one for several thousand less than I could have found if I'd waited until February.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast