Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Maxxfan or Not

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maxxfan or Not

I was looking at the wimpy exhaust fans in the 2600RB on our dealers lot and realized it was not like the one in our sold Montana. It looked like it would move about as much air as the cooling fan in my desktop PC! I asked the parts guy if they could install the Maxxfan units with the large airflow. He said that could easily be done. I'm not sure I want to DIY but would appreciate any feedback.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by masterdrago View Post
    I was looking at the wimpy exhaust fans in the 2600RB on our dealers lot and realized it was not like the one in our sold Montana. It looked like it would move about as much air as the cooling fan in my desktop PC! I asked the parts guy if they could install the Maxxfan units with the large airflow. He said that could easily be done. I'm not sure I want to DIY but would appreciate any feedback.
    We don't have the 2600RB, but I agree with you that a good fan is a must. If the wiring is already in place, installing a suitable upgrade should be a fairly easy DIY project.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have two in ours and love them. I installed both myself and yes, if you have a working fan there now, you have proper wiring.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours has 3, br, kitchen & bath. We sprung for two but not bedroom. Got a good price but had to pay 2 hours labor... boo hiss. I was not looking forward to peeling back the Dicor.