User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ground Control 3.0 low voltage fault

I have a 2021 Reflection 303RLS. Landing gear and auto level has worked perfectly for the last 20 months. Came home from a trip on Friday, set up in the driveway and unloaded as normal. Went to hitch up and I get a fault on all four jacks, solid red light on the front landing gear panel… then auto hitch height worked, so I hitched up and the landing gear retracted normally. Get to the storage lot, and no dice…. Voltages on the inside control panel in the basement are from 7.7v to 13.5. Same on the phone app. So I come back home… try it on shore power, try a different battery, unpowered, reseated every connection in the system. Same thing. Voltage shows steady with a quality meter… looks like the leveling system voltage sensor is haywire. Just glad I wasn’t on the road…

Anyone with similar experience? Thoughts? The fancy auto stuff is nice, until it doesn’t function correctly, then it’s not.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you haven't resolved this already, I would recommend a call to Lippert Customer Service. I have found them very helpful in stepping me through issues and trouble-shooting. 432-547-7378.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    If you haven't resolved this already, I would recommend a call to Lippert Customer Service. I have found them very helpful in stepping me through issues and trouble-shooting. 432-547-7378.

Rob
    Thanks Rob, as usual, your advice is timely and accurate. I have spent the morning on the phone with some very nice folks from Grand Design and Lippert. The consensus is that the main control board has malfunctioned and needs to be replaced. The version that was originally installed in my trailer has been updated and it’s out of stock at GD and local dealers. Lippert let me order one directly. $503, ouch… but, you get 10% off your first order, yeah…. It’s an expensive experiment, but it makes sense with the symptoms that I have.

I will say the tech from Grand Design was very good, used a video chat, so he could direct me and see the results first hand. I’m very blessed to be at home with my problem, and not out on the road on a long trip… that would not be any fun.

I can run all of my jacks manually, which is a plus. So, The list of tools that I carry, just got a little bit longer. I need a 5/16 socket and a drill to drive the motor from the bottom plug, to do it manually with a wrench would be really unworkable, and the tops of the jacks are inaccessible due to the way they are mounted.

I’ll report back when the part arrives.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck with the fix; do keep us posted. Sounds like you tried all the right things first. I had similar symptoms that were corrected with a new battery. As you said, good you were not on the road.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got an email from Lippert today, the parts have shipped! They’re having trouble with supply chains like everyone else.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new control board arrived Tuesday and I installed it today, came to life and showed up on the One Control app. The new interface is much better. It knew it was newly installed and forced me to manually level the rig and set the zero point, all done in the app on my phone. Looks fully operational.

Problem solved… for $500….

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to hear all is well. And thanks for the feedback on the fix!
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods