User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Main awning fabric replacement

The main forward awning on my 2020 2930RL has torn at the leading edge where at attaches to the rail mounted on the unit. It looks to me like the material has deteriorated in this area as a result of the frequent water that runs from the roof gutter and drops on the awning instead of straight to the ground. I also see that awning attachment rail is lower than the top of the awning roll, which causes the water to pool in this area.
    I am curious if anyone else has had this problem? Also the installation for the awning shows that the awning fabric should lay flat from the top of the roller to the attachment rail. Has Grand Design installed the awning improperly.
    I have contacted Grand Design about new fabric and am told all they can supply is the complete awning, so I am looking at a generic supplier, but trying to see if it will be wired for the led lights.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our 2017 ST360RL the awning is from https://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/

If you extend your awning, the roller tube should have a sticker with a serial number. Contact Carefree with that number, they can take care of you.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carefree

Quote Originally Posted by savagkd View Post
    On our 2017 ST360RL the awning is from https://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/

If you extend your awning, the roller tube should have a sticker with a serial number. Contact Carefree with that number, they can take care of you.
    Good luck on contracting them. Even my dealer can not get through to them.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spoke with them yesterday. Yes, it was after 20 minutes on hold, I was caller number 8, but Julie was able to answer all my questions and order everything I needed to replace my awning cover and Compas arm. It just takes patience. I've found their customer service to be outstanding.