User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just remember to pull that plug on your overflow before you turn the pump on, you don't want to draw a vacuum on the tank.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I run my water pump with the 00 plug and no issues.
    Randy and Kris

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleG View Post
    I think we will just have to agree to disagree. The Westlake's weighed about 70% of what the Endurance weighed. I know because I got to handle them both while the changeout was happening. The sidewall on the Westlake's felt like a very thick balloon or glove. The Goodyear has a noticeably stronger sidewall and it was really hard to push on it. I was shocked at the difference. It is really great that you don't experience sway. You may have a perfect loadout. So many factors go into it. I myself always shoot for 12% weight on the tongue and I always had some sway to moderate sway with the Westlake's. It was there anytime a big rig passed or above 10mph winds. Driving in 25mph winds was always a two handed affair, not white knuckle, but heightened attention was required.
    Having a stronger sidewall really does help especially when the wind is pushing on you in a cross breeze. I know I had 8k miles on mine when I changed to Goodyear and the difference was night and day. She rides great and I have never had to two hand it since changing to Goodyear. I know Westlake makes tires in many sizes and load ratings, but the ones that I had, the OEM were garbage and I will never buy any tires with that name on them again. The same thinking goes on your truck. Real truck tires have enhanced sidewall strength compared to standard/passenger tires, they may look similar on the outside, but they are not even close on a cross section. They also help to keep the truck pointed straight down the road when the wind is a pushing.
    Weight doesn’t mean anything in a trailer tire imo

Trailer tires are a different animal than a truck tire

I prefer the flexibility as trailer tires need to travel differently
    We definitely will have to agree to disagree
    You spend your cash how you want I will stay with the hundreds of thousands of other happy Westlake users
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's interesting, where do you think the makeup air is coming in at? Maybe around the fill cap? I have lost water a few times from the bad vent design. When I dropped the tank I wanted to run a hose into the camper loop it and go back out again. But that tank is shoe horned in tight, once I got it down I realized my plan was a no-go. I have thought about adding a breather mod to the fill cap. We never drink the tank water just showers and cleanup anyway.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I have 20k miles towing this camper under the belt, and I am use the same hitch with the same spring bars as the gent who is experiencing sway. He also happens to be in the exact same year and model that I have. Just because you don't have sway (honestly happy for you) it doesn't mean others are not. Mine went 90% away when I went to Goodyear, and once I got the truck tires it has virtually been eliminated. So I can say honestly tell him without equivocation, that getting out of the Westlake's will help immensely. If you want to run Westlake's that is 100% your business and you spend your money where you decide. For me I earned the right to call them substandard.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also please just do a google search for Westlake Tire failures and blowouts, do the same search for Goodyear, see any difference???

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Weight doesn’t mean anything in a trailer tire imo

Trailer tires are a different animal than a truck tire

I prefer the flexibility as trailer tires need to travel differently
    We definitely will have to agree to disagree
    You spend your cash how you want I will stay with the hundreds of thousands of other happy Westlake users
    I'm in the "Agree to Disagree" camp too. I pulled a set of really bad Carlisle ST tires and replaced them with Sailun tires of the same size and rating. The difference between the two tires was astounding. The sidewalls on the Carlisle were like tissue paper, and they weighed maybe 20 lbs. The Sailun tire could be sat on with little sidewall flex, and they weighed nearly 40 lbs. The Carlisle lasted less than 2 years and 6,000 miles and had two blowouts. The Sailun were still going strong at 20,000 miles and 6 years old.

To me, flexible sidewalls equal more heat buildup due to the sidewall flexing. I have the Westlake "G" rated ST tires, but they do not inspire confidence in me. They look like balloons, with a very radiused tread area when it isn't flattened by the contact with the ground. They are four years old and will be replaced with Sailun tires next year, if not sooner.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleG View Post
    Also please just do a google search for Westlake Tire failures and blowouts, do the same search for Goodyear, see any difference???
    So you want me to compare tires that are used at about a 100-1 ratio?
    Why?
    The latest “blowout” on this site was an endurance actually. Couple of weeks ago
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes you know exactly what I am talking about, you could see a wave effect on the Westlake sidewalls when dismounted with no air in them when you pushed on the side walls. When I did the changeout, I had the camper fully loaded, we pulled into the tire shop on the way to a campground. I had previously set it up the week before. After I pulled out it was like a totally different camper. It was the most amazing upgrade I had ever done. Since RiverRunner has the exact same setup as I do, I offered my advice in the hope it helps him.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NB Canada Dude, it doesn't look like you have a 2150RB from the image, River does, and like I said, he has the same hitch Blue Ox Sway Pro and 1000lb spring bars. So just plug your ears and sing some songs please if you don't want to hear bad things about Westlake. But Goodyear solved my sway and it well help his too. Sorry if that offends you but what I am saying is 100% honest for me and my setup. I believe you don't have sway, things aligned just right for you, congrats. This wasn't meant to be a Westlake bashing, but yeah I have no problem doing it because in my limited experience they were a junk set up on my camper, and they lost my trust. Like I said Westlake on, it is a free world brother.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast