User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleG View Post
    NB Canada Dude, it doesn't look like you have a 2150RB from the image, River does, and like I said, he has the same hitch Blue Ox Sway Pro and 1000lb spring bars. So just plug your ears and sing some songs please if you don't want to hear bad things about Westlake. But Goodyear solved my sway and it well help his too. Sorry if that offends you but what I am saying is 100% honest for me and my setup. I believe you don't have sway, things aligned just right for you, congrats. This wasn't meant to be a Westlake bashing, but yeah I have no problem doing it because in my limited experience they were a junk set up on my camper, and they lost my trust. Like I said Westlake on, it is a free world brother.
    Don't try to argue with NB Canada he knows it all, Or at least he think he does LOL There one in every crowd.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got rid of the Westlakes to 10 ply steel belted Hercules with a higher rating. Saw a very profound difference immediately. To even think all tires are equal is not rational.

We also have Blue Ox 1000 and experience very little sway even with the old China bombs. Are you using link 9. You may need to adjust you link usage to 10.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    Got rid of the Westlakes to 10 ply steel belted Hercules with a higher rating. Saw a very profound difference immediately. To even think all tires are equal is not rational.

We also have Blue Ox 1000 and experience very little sway even with the old China bombs. Are you using link 9. You may need to adjust you link usage to 10.
    When we first got our imagine in 2017, the sway was very minimal, but our first few trips we had very light loads, as our prior single axel camper was being towed with a small SUV and we only had a couple hundred pounds of cargo capacity that we transferred over. As time went on and as we grew into our camper with such items as a bigger grill, tools, firepit, ladder, more clothes and kitchen gadgets our loadout began to increase and along with that came some sway. It was noticeable but not unmanageable with the Westlake's. A few times in strong cross breezes it was a two handed drive and very uncomfortable for the couple hundred mile journey. It was not a white knuckle experience, I got a taste of that with the SUV and hated it. But it was also not a relaxing journey either. As Trucks passed they would give us an little sway kiss, but the passing big Class A's were the worse. I fooled around for about a year with a tongue scale and tried adjusting the weight from 10% to 15%. I never did experience much of a handling difference with 10% to 14% loading and 15% on my rig was noticeably worse. I also experimented with the 8, 9 & 10 link on the Ox, The 9 felt the best on my rig. At 8k miles one of the Westlake's was shot, it had worn funny due to a bad casting of a wheel hub. Not the tires fault. I was bummed that I was going to have spend some dough "early" on a new set of tubes. It was a blessing in disguise, total new rig with the Goodyear's. Once you have handled a Westlake sidewall at least in the tire size that came on mine, you realize just how flimsy they are.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should have used windy and probably not traveled

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    So you want me to compare tires that are used at about a 100-1 ratio?
    Why?
    The latest “blowout” on this site was an endurance actually. Couple of weeks ago
    Well that blowout stat didn't last long.... Here my Westlake tire blowout that just happened 3 days ago on 7/28 on RT 30 outside of York Pa.... The real bitch is I already had an appointment set up for this coming week to have all New Goodyear Endurance tires installed! Looks like a little trip out to Grand Design factory in the Fall is in order. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220728_125703.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	42207Click image for larger version. 

ID:	42207
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    Well that blowout stat didn't last long.... Here my Westlake tire blowout that just happened 3 days ago on 7/28 on RT 30 outside of York Pa.... The real bitch is I already had an appointment set up for this coming week to have all New Goodyear Endurance tires installed! Looks like a little trip out to Grand Design factory in the Fall is in order. Click image for larger version. 

ID:	42207Click image for larger version. 

ID:	42207
    If you're going with Endurance tires, I am guessing the Westlakes were the "E" rated ST tires, and not the "G" rated ones? "E" rated Westlakes do seem to have a very poor record overall.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Riverrunner

I first tried relocating the overflow tube/vent to a higher location in the front propane compartment but found that it did nothing but create a long "U" trap of water that the pump struggled to overcome. I tore that back out and ended up extending the overflow out from behind the wheel and adding a valve in a more accessible location. While I was at it I also relocated the 1˝" fresh water dump valve to the same location. I fabricated a simple bracket out of aluminum angle and unistrut and bolted it to the existing holes on the rear stabilizer jack.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20211011-223624_Photos.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	42208
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    If you're going with Endurance tires, I am guessing the Westlakes were the "E" rated ST tires, and not the "G" rated ones? "E" rated Westlakes do seem to have a very poor record overall.
    This is true. The load range E Westlakes have a very poor track record over time (unlike the load range G Westlakes which seem to be a much better tire). A lot of folks move to the Sailun S637 or the Goodyear GG614 (both load range G) for the heavier Reflection fifth wheels.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Dang HF, I am so sorry for your misfortunes. At least you guys are ok and no one got hurt. What speed were you at? Highway speed I am guessing by the damage caused. Just sucks that you had an appointment all set. Like a said in a earlier post a small failure can cause so much damage when things align against you.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, wasn't my blowout, but the gentleman whom I was quoting.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast