User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our ‘22 310 has Cooper tires. Rig is a few miles away or I’d post the rating. They look solid…sidewall doesn’t flex much, which u might expect with a 120psi cold rating. They get to 140 when traveling, which is rather scary. About 3500mi so far…..
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i upgraded to e rated endurance tires, 80psi on our RL2500, more for peace of mind than anything, as mine being a 2017 , was getting close to due, and having dealt with blowout damage with previous trailers, figured now was time. no regrets.
    As for sway, i'd say maybe try taking a link or 2 out of your bars, and try it , too tight made mine squirelly with an f250, let more weight down on the hitch, and it improved greatly.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    If you're going with Endurance tires, I am guessing the Westlakes were the "E" rated ST tires, and not the "G" rated ones? "E" rated Westlakes do seem to have a very poor record overall.
    Yes they were the same tires you mentioned. I believe they have about 20K miles on them and were scheduled for replacement next week.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleG View Post
    Dang HF, I am so sorry for your misfortunes. At least you guys are ok and no one got hurt. What speed were you at? Highway speed I am guessing by the damage caused. Just sucks that you had an appointment all set. Like a said in a earlier post a small failure can cause so much damage when things align against you.
    It was my RV and yes thankfully no one was hurt and only my vehicle was damaged. We were a caravan group of 4 RVs with my daughter and grandkids following behind me pulling a TT.
    We were crossing the Susquehanna river on RT 30 in York Pa and I believe the speed limit was 55 or 65 mph, and I was at or just under the posted speed limit. Besides the metal skirt and plastic fender trim it ripped the wiring out of the rear stabilizer jack and tore up the plastic material above the wheel exposing some insulation. I was able to cover that up with some 3" wide Gorilla Tape and make a temporary repair to the stabilizer wiring and continue on to enjoy our trip with friends and family. A buddy of mine has the same RV and just had 5 new tires installed a week ago at the same place mine is getting done. I called there and asked if the still had his spare tire since it was brand new and never even used once and offered to buy it so I have a spare to get back home. They let me have it for free and my daughter picked it up the next day when she had to return home for a few hours. I will straighten it out as best I can, reinstall the cracked plastic fender and get it fixed when Grand Design can fit me in for an appointment. I had to have the skirt on the opposite side and the double storage compartment doors replaced last fall (due to a mishap of my own doing) and found going to Grand Design was actually the quickest and least expensive way to go... those long metal skirts are expensive to crate up and ship. Plus with what my insurance company paid me directly and what the factory charged to make the repairs I had enough to cover the fuel cost for the trip... so we made a little vacation out of it.
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 08-01-2022 at 04:56 AM.
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    It was my RV and yes thankfully no one was hurt and only my vehicle was damaged. We were a caravan group of 4 RVs with my daughter and grandkids following behind me pulling a TT.
    We were crossing the Susquehanna river on RT 30 in York Pa and I believe the speed limit was 55 or 65 mph, and I was at or just under the posted speed limit. Besides the metal skirt and plastic fender trim it ripped the wiring out of the rear stabilizer jack and tore up the plastic material above the wheel exposing some insulation. I was able to cover that up with some 3" wide Gorilla Tape and make a temporary repair to the stabilizer wiring and continue on to enjoy our trip with friends and family. A buddy of mine has the same RV and just had 5 new tires installed a week ago at the same place mine is getting done. I called there and asked if the still had his spare tire since it was brand new and never even used once and offered to buy it so I have a spare to get back home. They let me have it for free and my daughter picked it up the next day when she had to return home for a few hours. I will straighten it out as best I can, reinstall the cracked plastic fender and get it fixed when Grand Design can fit me in for an appointment. I had to have the skirt on the opposite side and the double storage compartment doors replaced last fall (due to a mishap of my own doing) and found going to Grand Design was actually the quickest and least expensive way to go... those long metal skirts are expensive to crate up and ship. Plus with what my insurance company paid me directly and what the factory charged to make the repairs I had enough to cover the fuel cost for the trip... so we made a little vacation out of it.
    I agree 100% with your opinion on going to the factory, they built them and they sure know how to fix them right. Hopefully you don't have to stay in a hotel, They took our rig in the morning and brought it back at the end of day so we had a place to sleep. We just did some exploring with a long lunch thrown in. Glad you made it safely home and that the goodness of people got you into a spare at no cost. That sound like the place to buy your new Goodyear's at! Best of luck!!!
    Last edited by TripleG; 08-01-2022 at 07:07 AM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *UPDATE*
    I was able to do a lot of straightening of the metal skirt, reinstalled the plastic fender, and got all new tires put on today. All in all it didn't turn out too bad for a temporary repair until I can get scheduled at the Grand Design factory for repairs... We have at least 5 more planed trips this year and I'm confident my repair job will hold up.

From this....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_20220728_124239.jpeg 
Views:	17 
Size:	401.3 KB 
ID:	42301

To this...

Name:	20220803_145737.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	42302
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 08-03-2022 at 11:57 PM.
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    *UPDATE*
    I was able to do a lot of straightening of the metal skirt, reinstalled the plastic fender, and got all new tires put on today. All in all it didn't turn out too bad for a temporary repair until I can get scheduled at the Grand Design factory for repairs... We have at least 5 more planed trips this year and I'm confident my repair job will hold up.

From this....

Name:	Resized_20220728_124239.jpeg 
Views:	17 
Size:	401.3 KB 
ID:	42301

To this...

Name:	20220803_145737.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	42302
    Nice work! Sorry you have to deal with this, but great recovery! Very glad no one was hurt!

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234