User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other RV manufactures have these issues?

I am posting this here and this is not a "how do I fix" post. But you see a ton of posts about the heating/cooling systems. I am not on other RV forums but I would assume this is not manufacturer (RV) specific. Furrion is one of those that provide ACs for many RV manufacturers so I would assume it is their issue and not RV specific.

"<insert RV here> sucks because <insert appliance> breaks" is not really a correct statement IMHO.

Just wondering because as I get out more, I hear more and more problems that are the same between all manufacturers. RV manufactured during COVID are having major issues due to workers. I really am not sure what that means. We were still producing products during that time and the complaints are not any different than pre-COVID. I understand parts are hard to get but does that reduce the quality of the RV? This means that every workers including QA don't care all of a sudden.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These issues have been going on forever. Whether exaggerated by COVID or not, they existed long before then.

RVs are notorious for things not being right from the beginning, failing when they shouldn’t, etc. As the saying goes “it’s part of the territory”.

Like it or not I don’t think it will change. And the more news “features” are added (i.e. electronics) the more failure points are introduced. There are tons and tons of threads on every RV forum. Even the most expensive Rv’s go through this. My neighbor down the street just traded a Newell RV for a Newmar because the Newell had an issue every time he used it (and those aren’t exactly fixable by a ‘handyman’.

RVing and old age - neither are for the week of heart!
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well when RV manufactures quit spending time and money on junk like lighted knobs on stoves then maybe things will get better.
    I mean who has lighted knobs on your home stove and why would you think you need them?
    Pre Covid was just as bad for QC. Big problem now is RV buyers are paying 20-30% more for the same RV with the same cheap stuff in them. There's absolutely no way a Reflection 5th wheel should have an MSRP starting price of $84K when in 2020 it was $57,600K.
    Like I read on another forum from another RV owner, "I bought an RV kit and get to take it home and finish it"

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again I am new to the RV World. But I see the same thing in other places now too. Just thought it was them using the COVID excuse.

I have some knowledge in things so some of the issues I can address (electronics, wiring, plumbing). Others I will not touch just because it is it is something that if I screw up it would be very bad. Like replacing vents (not opening discussion or hijacking). Too much can go wrong there.

But there are others that HAVE to wait for the Dealers and that sucks.
    Upstate NY
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't tell any real assembly quality difference in the 25 years we've been RV'ing. Suspension, plumbing, electrical continue to be problem areas that you need to be able to fix yourself IMO. Appliances are just swap outs but don't seem to last as long as before, but then, neither do the appliances in my home.
    What makes RV ownership better is a good dealer and manufacturer with good customer service. With issues that are GD's responsibility, I have had good dealings with GD directly. My local dealer, is a bit unfriendly....because his price was very high I purchased from somewhere else...so he doesn't want to see me...so he won't...ever

I think you also get a bit of a skewed perception while reading forums. You get a lot of messages from people having issues, you don't hear from the majority who don't have any.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    I can't tell any real assembly quality difference in the 25 years we've been RV'ing. Suspension, plumbing, electrical continue to be problem areas that you need to be able to fix yourself IMO. Appliances are just swap outs but don't seem to last as long as before, but then, neither do the appliances in my home.
    What makes RV ownership better is a good dealer and manufacturer with good customer service. With issues that are GD's responsibility, I have had good dealings with GD directly. My local dealer, is a bit unfriendly....because his price was very high I purchased from somewhere else...so he doesn't want to see me...so he won't...ever

I think you also get a bit of a skewed perception while reading forums. You get a lot of messages from people having issues, you don't hear from the majority who don't have any.
    Oh, I know that. If people are happy with service they will normally say nothing. I mean did you go to the BBB site to say you were happy with a dealer? Wife and I live by one rule when reading reviews. Ignore all five and one stars and you will get the actual rating.

But the Wife has been on the FB group and if what she perceives happens "all" the time our 231RK would have no roof, temp inside would be 110 degrees, tires blowing up, trucks going off the road. Sounds like a Mad Max movie.
    Upstate NY
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with you all. In general, our 3100RD is the best TT we’ve owned (four prior brands). The few problems we’ve had were appliances from a secondary supplier. Yet GD and my dealer did a yeoman’s job fixing things. No complaints. I’ve had more build problems with the other brands.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    You don't hear from the majority who don't have any.
    So true. On my first TT I thought the dealer was going to take care of me, was that wrong. When I purchased my 260 RD my plan was to stay away from the dealer as much as possible. I've had one "warranty" issue and GD has been great to work with. All the other little gotchas I've fixed myself. The result is I've been using my coach, not waiting for it to come back from the dealer's place.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    So true. On my first TT I thought the dealer was going to take care of me, was that wrong. When I purchased my 260 RD my plan was to stay away from the dealer as much as possible. I've had one "warranty" issue and GD has been great to work with. All the other little gotchas I've fixed myself. The result is I've been using my coach, not waiting for it to come back from the dealer's place.
    I feel for the people that get into RV's not realizing you need to be reasonably handy and be prepared to fix stuff yourself. Having a trailer in 'dealership jail' so to speak while the summer goes by would drive me crazy.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had some issues but they were all handle by GD or me. Our experience has been positive. But when you think about it, these are the complete opposite of your stick and brick. You can't built it bullet proof because it's going to weigh a thousand tons and won't be towable. Then you expose it to constant earthquake shaking when ever you tow. I'm always amazed how well its built every time I park and within an hour of arriving, I'm enjoying an adult beverage, under the awning with the ac running. Will something eventually break, sure it will. I had to have our 5 year old central air unit repaired this week and it ain't moving, it's in a shaded, open, well ventellated area and covered in the winter. Oh and was built before covid.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast