Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Good Sams

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Sams

Do you use Good SAMs roadside assistance? Which plan do you have?
    2011 F350 DRW CC with Firestone Ride Rite Air bags
    2015 Momentum 380 TH

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I guess just regular plan, wasn't aware of diferent plans.
    Christmas of '09, we were Good Sam members, but not Roadside members. On our way to Washington DC, we had two blowouts on our old TT. Being out of state, not knowing anything about where we were I called Good Sam. We had a weird size tire, they spent 4 1/2 hours trying to locate tires for us. They finally found one tire 2 hours away from us and sent a repair truck. I had to pay for it, not being a member yet, but the lady on the phone told me if I was a member they would have paid for service call just not the tire itself. First thing I did when we got home was sign up for roadside assistance. They went way above what they needed to do.
    I have used them 4 times since becoming a member. Twice for jump start, once for lockout, and once for a tow. Very good service on all occasions. Was on hold on phone for awhile on the lockout, but service was quick once call was done.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see this thread is from 2015...anyone have experience with Good Sam Roadside Assistance? We have had AAA for ever but Good Sam's is almost to good to be true...thanks.
    Bradley & Glenna
    2016 29rs Reflection
    2016 Ford F250 - B&W Patriot 18k Slider

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Webmeister View Post
    I see this thread is from 2015...anyone have experience with Good Sam Roadside Assistance? We have had AAA for ever but Good Sam's is almost to good to be true...thanks.
    I'll be watching as well. . . . have AAA also. . . . 1st call to change the trailer tire we waited 3 1/2 hours and then he didn't have jack to lift the trailer (used our leveling blocks). . . 2nd call blew the brake lines on the truck (dang salt anyway) limped in the last 20 miles @ 20mph using the trailer bakes, called AAA in the morning waited 2 1/2 hours for a roll back
    Joe & Dee
    Ontario, Ohio
    2018 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Duramax Crew Cab SRW Short Bed Payload 3523#
    2019 Reflection 337RLS bought February 2019 Dry Pin Weight = 2,320#, UVW = 11,100#
    Hitch - PullRite Super Glide 2700 - 16K
    Bed Cover - Roll-N-Lock
    TPMS - Tire Tracker TT-500 (non flow thru)
    Rear Observation Camera - Rear View Safety model RVS-155W-FB (2400-2500MHZ)

2017 303RLS bought April 2017 / Traded February 2019

Map represents States visited with our 303RLS /337RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also wonder if AAA will only tow the truck and leave the 5ver on the roadside. Good Sam says they tow all...and I do not see any mouse print!
    Bradley & Glenna
    2016 29rs Reflection
    2016 Ford F250 - B&W Patriot 18k Slider

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a travel trailer and blew the tranny on my old truck. AAA loaded up my truck and hauled the camper to a campground for me. That was in 2010 I think. I have been happy with AAA.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the basic Good Sam's roadside assistance (99-139.00). We lost an axle on our 303 last year while in Canada. They sent a rollback trailer to haul it to a dealer up there. Never saw the towing bill. 3 weeks later, on the interstate near Craig, Montana, my serpentine belt broke on my truck, water pump had seized up, while towing the newly fixed 303. The state police called a wrecker, to tow us (truck & trailer) to a nearby mechanic shop. I paid the tow truck $330. When I got home, a month later, I sent the bill in, and the lady told me, state police calls trump my not calling Good Sam's directly, and they paid the bill. I did call Chrysler because it should have been under the power train warranty, but they wouldn't pay to tow the trailer, and it was a Friday afternoon. The local mechanic worked over the weekend and got us on the road Monday AM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mike & Debbie
    Hot Springs, Ar
    2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Short Bed Diesel
    B&W Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
    2014 Reflection 303 (#405)