User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Team379fl

Lemon? What to do?? Part 2

Ok, my last post was 6-15-15. I just heard from the dealership. like I said, My rig was 2 weeks out of warranty when it all went south (or west in my case). The laundry list was huge, but GD approved all the repairs and will cover it under warranty. Now that this is my LAST repair I'm sure they will cover….. do I trust it? they are replacing: slide motor, A/C circuit board, both radio/dvd players, gray tank valve, all the sheet metal screws on the rear, plumbing in bath sink, and on and on….. The service department said that they were shocked at all that have had to repair in the last year (read last post) and they have never seen so much wrong with any Solitude. Looking to trade into another GD product, but will cost me another 20K. So confused on what to do. All we want to do is enjoy the fruits of our labor. FYI, it will be another 2 weeks minimum before its done. (june 19-july 19) another summer gone…….. any suggestions?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    go to Hawaii, Alaska cruise, buy a tent and rough it a bit, this list could go on and on
    John & Caren
    2014 Solitude 369RL #331
    2005 Dodge 3500 Quad Cab Cummins & manual 6 speed

C130TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Team379fl View Post
    Ok, my last post was 6-15-15. I just heard from the dealership. like I said, My rig was 2 weeks out of warranty when it all went south (or west in my case). The laundry list was huge, but GD approved all the repairs and will cover it under warranty. Now that this is my LAST repair I'm sure they will cover….. do I trust it? they are replacing: slide motor, A/C circuit board, both radio/dvd players, gray tank valve, all the sheet metal screws on the rear, plumbing in bath sink, and on and on….. The service department said that they were shocked at all that have had to repair in the last year (read last post) and they have never seen so much wrong with any Solitude. Looking to trade into another GD product, but will cost me another 20K. So confused on what to do. All we want to do is enjoy the fruits of our labor. FYI, it will be another 2 weeks minimum before its done. (june 19-july 19) another summer gone…….. any suggestions?
    A little off topic but how has your dealer handled the issues? I had a terrible experience at Cullum and Maxey and assuming that's your local dealer so wondering if I just dealt with a bad salesman or that's the dealerships general attitude. Maybe they just saw the Texas tags and figured why waste their time because they were beyond rude and of zero help.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully after all that is fixed you will be good to go.... new rig = starting over with new bugs.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Team379fl
    My dealer is Tennessee rv in Knoxville ( 4 hrs from my house) … AMAZING service department. Tried Cullum and Maxie (10 miles from my house) they told me to come back in 6 months…lol So did the one in Huntsville, Alabama (told me to go away)

C130TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Team379fl View Post
    My dealer is Tennessee rv in Knoxville ( 4 hrs from my house) … AMAZING service department. Tried Cullum and Maxie (10 miles from my house) they told me to come back in 6 months…lol So did the one in Huntsville, Alabama (told me to go away)
    Great, I heard Tennessee RV was pretty good and just spent a week at Anchor Down in Dandridge, right down the road from them. I wanted to stop by Tennessee RV but my wife got sick so we didn't make it by. Anchor Down was awesome, already booked 12 nights next summer.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought my Reflection 323BHS at Tennessee RV in Knoxville. Beat the Huntsville dealer by $8K and I'm glad Cullum and Maxey were not competitive. As far as I can tell, they're a fine dealership. I had to run mine through Tennessee RV's body shop, the repairs were ungodly expensive--and it took 5 mos. to get it back.

Good luck with your general repairs.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also are having things break right and left! Have a 2015 337 RLS picked it up in Feb. didn't start using it till April and been in shop twice! just got it out last week and now on this trip pull out bed broke!!! very disappointed in this unit!!! Tara

John Griggs
    Also a 337 RLS few issues some major, wondering about quality control; looking to trade it off

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tjsmiley72 View Post
    We also are having things break right and left! Have a 2015 337 RLS picked it up in Feb. didn't start using it till April and been in shop twice! just got it out last week and now on this trip pull out bed broke!!! very disappointed in this unit!!! Tara
    See my response to your thread in Interiors.
    Jon and Deb Johnston
    Solitude 375RE
    Owners in Sunnybrook RV Resort
    South Haven, MI
    Not full timing yet, but working towards it :cool:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast