User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problems with water leak

Hello not sure I’m in the right spot but anyway new to the Grand Design forum so forgive me ! We have a new 22 Solitude 380FL that developed a leaky in the front living area (water coming thru roof light) didn’t see anything obvious on roof but it’s under warranty so the dealer can take care of it. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moved to Solitude - Exterior.

Any time you have a water leak on a unit that still under warranty, it's a warranty issue and you should contact your dealer.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteskidoo View Post
    Hello not sure I’m in the right spot but anyway new to the Grand Design forum so forgive me ! We have a new 22 Solitude 380FL that developed a leaky in the front living area (water coming thru roof light) didn’t see anything obvious on roof but it’s under warranty so the dealer can take care of it. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
    Hello @Peteskidoo and welcome to the forums. Rob @Second Chance gave you good advice. Water leaks can do a lot of damage if not fixed promptly, but they can also be hard to track down. Check around all roof penetrations like vents, skylights, front cap, rear cap, etc. Water can travel a long ways before it shoes itself.

A forum tip, if you are starting a new discussion it is best to start a new thread. This is easy to do. Go to the forum you think is the best fit (in tis case Rob put you in Forum => Solitude =>. Exterior) and then click the "Post new thread" button on the left above the list of threads. This will give you all the replies to your specific question in one location. Do not worry if it needs to be moved, our moderators on this board are GREAT and people are very helpful. Feel free to ask, and answer, any questions that you have. Again, welcome aboard.

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 07-20-2022 at 07:03 PM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it raining where you are? Or dry and using AC a lot? A roof leak can only be tracked down to several items. Vents, AC drip pan, antenna, ladder roof seal and so on. What is in the area of the leak at the ceiling light?
    Randy and Kris

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a water leak in the ceiling and it isn't raining it is most likely the condensation water from the air conditioner. I'd suggest turning it off and not using it until it can be checked. And by not using it you may find the leak stops and know for sure that the AC was/is the cause.

I hope this helps. And welcome to the forum.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a leak when it rained in the ceiling light directly below the round Winegard antenna, Had to have it resealed now no issue. 2021 Solitude 310 GK-R
    Last edited by Hilly1; 07-20-2022 at 07:37 PM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteskidoo View Post
    Hey @Peteskidoo, looks like you're new here, welcome to the forum. As others have said, good to get any leaks taken care of ASAP. Hope your dealer will be able to fix it expeditiously so you can get back camping.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilly1 View Post
    We had a leak when it rained in the ceiling light directly below the round Winegard antenna, Had to have it resealed now no issue. 2021 Solitude 310 GK-R
    Thanks for confirming where I suspected it was coming in from!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am also in a 2021 310GKR. Did you have just the antenna repealed or the entire roof? I’m travelling for work and don’t have time available to get to a dealer. Thinking about using flex seal for a temporary fix.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just the antenna resealed.