User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pads Under Stabilizer Jacks

Does anyone have suggestions for what to set under the stabilizing Jacks to prevent them from slipping a little? I found something like these:https://www.amazon.com/Slip-Resistan...dp/B09RCQNMT2/

I notice that when I just put mild pressure on the ground using the jacks, They seem to fidget around a bit when DW walks around in the camper. This is on my smooth concrete RV pad at home. If I put a lot more pressure on them to reduce the slip, then the level changes just a bit. What do y'all suggest?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by masterdrago View Post
    Does anyone have suggestions for what to set under the stabilizing Jacks to prevent them from slipping a little? I found something like these:https://www.amazon.com/Slip-Resistan...dp/B09RCQNMT2/

I notice that when I just put mild pressure on the ground using the jacks, They seem to fidget around a bit when DW walks around in the camper. This is on my smooth concrete RV pad at home. If I put a lot more pressure on them to reduce the slip, then the level changes just a bit. What do y'all suggest?
    We bought a pressure treated 2"x12"x12' and cut them down to 2"x12"x12". Then bought some 1" nylon webbing strap and 2" long screws. These were cut to 14" lengths and find over and screwed to the end of each board. Unfortunately, the first of lumber just pushed a 12' board up past the $80 range, last I looked.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my old Montana, I had a pile of 1"x14"x14" red oak slabs from a giant tree that fell across the street. Neighbor had a mill and made a dozen up for me. They worked great for heft under the hydraulic leveling legs but too heavy to carry in this tt.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Snappads are popular
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the yellow plastic ones to help shorten the length of the leveler leg, thus making it a bit less likely to wiggle some. Don't see much sense in the Snappads, especially for the price. Maybe if you park in the sand dunes. I have some Andersen blocks, the round bucket looking ones, but they don't work a lot of the time because they're too tall. Luckily they came with the trailer, and I didn't buy them.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Anderson Blocks on the front jacks and snap pads on the back. All pricey but functional and I don't have to mess with the snap pads on the rear jacks. Only problem with the blocks - select a setting on the front jack extension that leaves about 4" of space rather than dropping it all the way down and using the first available setting. Otherwise you can run out of adjustment for leveling.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Snappads are popular
    Use them and very happy but they don't extend the reach of the landing gear in out of level sites. I still use andersen chocks under the wheels if out of level side to side by a lot then use the cheap plastic pads under the snap pads on that side. Metal on plastic can slip - the snap pads have worked out well for us. Rig is stable even with the washer going.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the Snap Pads. They put a larger foot pring on the ground and conform some to irregular ground. It makes a difference when boondocking. It your camping is always a level hard pad, there would be little benefit. For me, I would buy them again.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    I like the Snap Pads. They put a larger foot pring on the ground and conform some to irregular ground. It makes a difference when boondocking. It your camping is always a level hard pad, there would be little benefit. For me, I would buy them again.
    Same with Harvest Host locations which haven't been all that level. Makes it much easier to set down on the varied surfaces. Some of them have had large gravel, others were not level at any given spot and some were grass. Wider foot print is of value there as well. Ordered them after first overnight and that was at a new campground.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the Lynx Levelers. Have 5 packs, one for each jack.

https://a.co/d/5TSruig

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast