User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use 2x10 lumber. 1 stick of wood made me 6 pads...Still working great after 10+ years
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the landing legs, I staggered 2x4's (12 inches long) for five lifts, glued & screwed (3 across on top 2 lifts). Stapled cut up rubber floor mats on top, & straps stapled for handling on the side.
    Use yellow plastic leveling blocks for the other 4 legs.
    The short legs keep the wiggle out of the trailer. Only drawback is at times there is a rise towards the front of the trailer, & there isn't enough drop in the legs for auto level to work.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve always used the rubber pads. Very durable.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Rubberific-...-in/1001690714

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by masterdrago View Post
    Does anyone have suggestions for what to set under the stabilizing Jacks to prevent them from slipping a little?..... ......What do y'all suggest?
    When I finally got my wife the horse I promised her when we got married, we had to build a stall. In that stall we put thick rubber horse mats. 5 years later the horse was gone (long story) but we still had the horse mats. I removed the bottom plates from the jacks (with the RV on the truck)...

I cut one of the mats into pieces just bigger then the base plates themselves using a hand-saw. Then I used a bandsaw to cut each smaller (easier to handle) piece to size. I drilled four holes in each plate for the Stainless Steel carriage bolts with locking nuts I bought at Lowes. I match-drilled the plate holes to the pads and counter-sunk them for the carriage bolts. I used a 2 inch hole-saw through the middle of each pad for the cylinder bolt. Below are pictures of the pads.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jack Pad2.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	42160

Name:	Jack Pad1.jpg 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	42161

Name:	Jack Pad3.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	42159

P.S. I also made pads using the same rubber mat for the bottoms of our Step Above steps. Please PM me with any questions.
    Last edited by fez111; 07-27-2022 at 07:13 PM.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fez111 View Post
    When I finally got my wife the horse I promised her when we got married, we had to build a stall. In that stall we put thick rubber horse mats. 5 years later the horse was gone (long story) but we still had the horse mats. I removed the bottom plates from the jacks (with the RV on the truck)...

I cut one of the mats into pieces just bigger then the base plates themselves using a hand-saw. Then I used a bandsaw to cut each smaller (easier to handle) piece to size. I drilled four holes in each plate for the Stainless Steel carriage bolts with locking nuts I bought at Lowes. I match-drilled the plate holes to the pads and counter-sunk them for the carriage bolts. I used a 2 inch hole-saw through the middle of each pad for the cylinder bolt. Below are pictures of the pads.

Name:	Jack Pad2.jpg 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	42160

Name:	Jack Pad1.jpg 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	42161

Name:	Jack Pad3.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	42159

P.S. I also made pads using the same rubber mat for the bottoms of our Step Above steps. Please PM me with any questions.
    Sweet idea. I use the same stall pads cut into 12x16 rectangles. I put them down every trip. I never thought to attach them directly. Thanks
    2022 337RLS & 2017 CTD Ram long bed
    720w of solar & Victron MPPT/battery monitors
    4x100AHr LiPo batteries & 2500w PSW
    Lots of other mods too....

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fez111, looks like something you could manufacture and compete with the big boys.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was using these woods pads but when I just bought my new 2022 Motorhome I don't have to get out and put them under my jacks I get to my site and push a button and I'm done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN3839.jpg   DSCN3834.jpg   DSCN4413.jpg   DSCN4414.jpg   DSCN4418.jpg  

2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought rubber pavers at Home Depot cut them with utility knife and soapy water got 4-8x8 for 6 bucks https://www.homedepot.com/p/Multy-Ho...1763/315182765

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12