User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude S-Class 2930RL Front window interior trim failure

I noticed a bulge behind the bedroom window shade on the large front window on our 2930RL. I lifted the shade, and saw that the window trim around this large window was detached in the top left corner and it is continuing to pull away all around the window exposing the window edge. Has this happened to anyone else? We managed to get one good screw in the top corner and will be taking it in to be repaired. Very disappointing. This trim is held in place with very small nails that are obviously not up to the task.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKKamper49 View Post
    I noticed a bulge behind the bedroom window shade on the large front window on our 2930RL. I lifted the shade, and saw that the window trim around this large window was detached in the top left corner and it is continuing to pull away all around the window exposing the window edge. Has this happened to anyone else? We managed to get one good screw in the top corner and will be taking it in to be repaired. Very disappointing. This trim is held in place with very small nails that are obviously not up to the task.
    Hello AKKamper49 - [emoji2326] that happened to us! We took it in for warranty work within the first year and they fixed it. We are now in year 4 and it’s still in great shape. Don’t know what to tell you [emoji2374] it just happens. After 3 full years - with multiple fixes….we are still not disappointed with Grand Design.
    David & Janelle plus April & Jazzee our blue heelers
    Farming/ranching in eastern Colorado...but not for much longer!!
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL (4/2019)
    2020 Ford F450 DRW 4X4 8' bed (1/2020)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the same issue. I remedied the problem with liquid nails and beefier screws. We have traveled 18k miles all over the country and it's still holding up. Two years of ownership and very happy with Grand Design and their customer support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About that window, but more related to the shade for that window. How do you keep the light from shining in on your head when in bed? I looked at a model today at an RV show; played with the shade and realized the shade has a rod so it is straight but the window is contoured which leaves a gap for sunlight and lamp light to shine down.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adesse67 View Post
    About that window, but more related to the shade for that window. How do you keep the light from shining in on your head when in bed? I looked at a model today at an RV show; played with the shade and realized the shade has a rod so it is straight but the window is contoured which leaves a gap for sunlight and lamp light to shine down.
    We put velcro on the bottom to the wall works great almost no light now .
    2019 super duty 6.7
    2021 solitude 2930rl
    1236 ah of Sok lithium 1200 watts of solar.