User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can’t Restart AC

Brand new 2022 XLS 23LDE. Getting ready for a trip, we plugged in to a 20A outlet to run AC. It started up and ran for 15 minutes and shut down. AC breaker was blown. Reset breaker and no AC at all! Advice appreciated!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check for other blown breakers. In trailer and house panel.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did only the AC breaker trip? Or did you lose all power to the trailer?

Did you flip the AC breaker all they way off before clicking it back on again? And did it stay in the fully up position?
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Will Not Be Dictated To
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvesp View Post
    Brand new 2022 XLS 23LDE. Getting ready for a trip, we plugged in to a 20A outlet to run AC. It started up and ran for 15 minutes and shut down. AC breaker was blown. Reset breaker and no AC at all! Advice appreciated!
    Are you sure it was a 20 Amp outlet and circuit. They differ from 15 Amp and if it was a 15 Amp outlet and circuit you may have overloaded the circuit and fried something. This is a 20 Amp Outlet. Note the different receptacle to accept a 20 Amp plug

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20 Amp.png 
Views:	88 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	42024

This is a 15 Amp outlet, what most homes have in the wall.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15 Amp Outlet.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	42023
    I left the Forum due to dictatorial administration

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off @Sylvesp, looks like you're new here, welcome to the forum. In addition to checking the breakers, could you have a GFCI issue?
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clearly, I did a terrible job of describing the issue. The trailer is plugged in to a solid 20A circuit. I turn on the AC and in a few minutes, it blows the 20A circuit breaker in the trailer converter box. When I try to reset it, the breaker blows immediately. I made sure the AC was off at the thermostat but that only helped briefly! Now it does not matter as the breaker blows immediately. I bought a new breaker from the WFCO list but it needs an inch of space and the originals are much thinner. So no AC, leaving tomorrow, and I am pissed!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clearly, I did a terrible job of describing the issue. The trailer is plugged in to a solid 20A circuit. I turn on the AC and in a few minutes, it blows the 20A circuit breaker in the trailer converter box. When I try to reset it, the breaker blows immediately. I made sure the AC was off at the thermostat but that only helped briefly! Now it does not matter as the breaker blows immediately. I bought a new breaker from the WFCO list but it needs an inch of space and the originals are much thinner. So no AC, leaving tomorrow, and I am pissed!
    Back to the old days
    Make the best of it
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. Sorry for your trouble.

Maybe pull the breaker that has been tripping and take it to the local hardware store to get an exact duplicate.

Probably not such a good idea to continually run on 20 amps. Most likely it heated that breaker pretty good and caused it to malfunction.

Hopefully you can get this resolved quickly when you get to your destination.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did it worked before? It could be that there's an actual short in the AC unit and the breaker is doing what it's suppose to. You could remove the AC cover and inspect the wiring connections. Maybe one got loose.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Did it worked before? It could be that there's an actual short in the AC unit and the breaker is doing what it's suppose to. You could remove the AC cover and inspect the wiring connections. Maybe one got loose.
    I agree with assessment if the only breaker that is going is the singular ac breaker.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast