User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not irritated by the Nautilus design, just the cheap connectors they use which are so prone to leaks and cracking. I haven't decided yet if I will remove the panel and just switch to pex/brass fittings or replace the connections on the panel.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, of all the things to complain about... The Nautilus system gives so many options and even the one thing I could find to not like about it, no external port for filling fresh water, is really a non issue anyway since if you have a hose, you can just hook up and fill, or you still have to haul cans. Color coded easy instructions and options for winterizing, sanitizing or just plain whatever you need to do. Never an adverse issue for us and pretty much glad we have it, like electric awnings and one touch levelers. I'd feel ripped off if we didn't have it. My Montana buddies don't have a Nautilus and they think they got ripped off...lol
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I can't understand, is how "customer demand" generated the Nautilus system. What exactly does it do that wasn't done earlier, and easier? Who would demand a complicated system that leaks easily, is so hard to understand it takes several pages in the owner's manual to even make a stab at how it works? Personally I think it was generated by the marketing department who saw it as a honest-to-gosh, Gee Whillikers, whiz bang of an idea...that nobody even realized they needed, or even wanted.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    What I can't understand, is how "customer demand" generated the Nautilus system. What exactly does it do that wasn't done earlier, and easier? Who would demand a complicated system that leaks easily, is so hard to understand it takes several pages in the owner's manual to even make a stab at how it works? Personally I think it was generated by the marketing department who saw it as a honest-to-gosh, Gee Whillikers, whiz bang of an idea...that nobody even realized they needed, or even wanted.
    Who said anything about customer demand? Did customers demand electric awnings and one touch leveling? The vendors that supply stuff think up new things all the time and it all evolves, convenience and usefulness. It's not rocket science and they color code it for those that are functionally challenged. I think the Nautilus system provides options that were never available back in the days...and I like it. I started in this business in the early 80's, in service and later sales, and the convenience of the systems these days is awesome. As soon as one mfg does it, they all have to...if you don't like it, don't buy it. Easy enough...
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapid1 View Post
    Who said anything about customer demand? Did customers demand electric awnings and one touch leveling? The vendors that supply stuff think up new things all the time and it all evolves, convenience and usefulness. It's not rocket science and they color code it for those that are functionally challenged. I think the Nautilus system provides options that were never available back in the days...and I like it. I started in this business in the early 80's, in service and later sales, and the convenience of the systems these days is awesome. As soon as one mfg does it, they all have to...if you don't like it, don't buy it. Easy enough...
    Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree about actual convenience, and just the appearance of convenience.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the nautilus panel feature that the hose connections, valves, pressure reducer and filter can all be located in a heated space. This coupled with a heated hose is perfect for cold weather camping.

It’s also nice to be able to pump in bleach solution or antifreeze without messing with the hoses on the inlet side of the pump.

I like the power fill for fresh water. But probably could make that work fine without a nautilus.

I like the easy to access water heater bypass valve.

I’m a little less excited about the supply of fittings, pieces of PEX tubing, and special tools that I drag around because of the stories of leaks and broken valves here in the forum. Oh, and the water leak alarm that I put behind the nautilus. Oh, and the mod I made so I can easily get in there and inspect and/or repair stuff behind the nautilus.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like our Nautilus system and the ease and convenience it makes for getting things done. Winterizing is much simpler in this than in my old TT were I had to strip the bed sheets, remove the mattress from the bottom bunk bed, unscrew six screws from the plywood bed platform, remove 1/2 of the plywood bed platform, and turn a few valves just to start winterizing the RV. Then put it all back together again just in case I want to use the RV after it's winterized.... only to tear it apart again in the Spring time to dewinterize it. I also like the fact that if I'm preparing to leave one campsite and want to fill my fresh water tank for a day or two of use while dry camping I can do so right at the Nautilus panel. No more disconnecting my water hose, running it to the opposite side of the rv, adding the 1' of hose with an end cut off to fit in the fill port, then having to stand there and hold it so it doesn't kink just to get a tank full of fresh water.
    Sanitizing the entire system is much easier too. Last but not least is the convenience of flushing the black tank without having to get down on my hands and knees to add a hose to my sewer fitting, turn the cheap little knob, and flush out my black tank.... which did a crappy job (no pun intended) because it barely shot water up into the tank.
    I for one don't ever want to go back to those outdated ways of doing things.
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 07-24-2022 at 02:19 AM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took out the Nautilus system on my 399 when the blue valve stopped working. I made a new manifold with real valves and was still able to easily winterize, dry camp, use city water and I didnt need to depressurize the line when changing settings. It was much better than the Nautilus system.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree about actual convenience, and just the appearance of convenience.
    Appearance of convenience - that's it. Trying to make things look simple to reach a new market segment that hasn't been interested before because it looked like too much work. Besides, I'll bet the manufacturers make a tidy profit on all the new gadgets. We've transitioned to a push-button world I'm afraid. Heck, I'm still trying to figure out what all the new stuff does on the latest TV after 2 years.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the system on our Imagine. It is pretty cool.
    2021 Imagine 2970 RL
    Equalizer 2, 4-point hitch.
    2015 GMC Savana 2500 6.0 liter
    Locking rear differential. Bilstein shocks, heavy-duty trailering package, Tow/Haul mode.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast