User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As a member of the “bought too many trucks before I learned my lesson club”, the advice on a 3500 single rear wheel long bed is spot on. Unless you plan in the next little while to go really heavy then of course get a Dually.

Long bed will also give you the clearance for any fifth wheel.
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
    Thank you. I may loose a little payload with the long bed right? I would have 862 pounds in people alone! I am thinking anything 3600 or higher pounds of payload is a win.
    Long beds have a higher GVWR, so even being a heavier truck due to the longer bed, they actually have more payload. When I was looking around, a long bed version of my truck would have had about 300 lbs more payload.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife is driving me crazy. I thought I had the perfect 5th wheel picked out and now she springs on me that she would like to have a washer and dryer. None of the 150 series offer this and what’s offered in the Reflection or Solitude series is definitely going to need a dually! I started out 4 months ago trying to find something small that my existing SUV would tow! Just goes to show that you need to find the TT you want and then get the truck.

I am only 2.5 hours away from Hershey PA, so I think we are going to go to the show to explore likes and dislikes. Once that is settled I will work on the proper truck that we need. Sorry for bouncing around, but I have learned so much here and without your valuable knowledge, I would most likely have made a big mistake already. I hopefully will be retiring in about 5 years so my goal is to get these toys now and have them well paid off before then.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
    My wife is driving me crazy. I thought I had the perfect 5th wheel picked out and now she springs on me that she would like to have a washer and dryer. None of the 150 series offer this and what’s offered in the Reflection or Solitude series is definitely going to need a dually! I started out 4 months ago trying to find something small that my existing SUV would tow! Just goes to show that you need to find the TT you want and then get the truck.

I am only 2.5 hours away from Hershey PA, so I think we are going to go to the show to explore likes and dislikes. Once that is settled I will work on the proper truck that we need. Sorry for bouncing around, but I have learned so much here and without your valuable knowledge, I would most likely have made a big mistake already. I hopefully will be retiring in about 5 years so my goal is to get these toys now and have them well paid off before then.
    Some would argue you don’t need a dually for a Reflection or Solitude, but I’m not one of them. We just pulled a 310GK thru some 40mph South Dakota crosswinds with an SRW truck, and it wasn’t very pleasant. In good conditions it was fine. When you have nearly 3000lbs on your back tho, there’s a lot depending on those two rear tires. I’ll be a lot more comfortable with four, if the truck ever shows up. Good luck on what you decide!
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123