User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might try to warm the vents slightly with a heat gun from a distance to ensure they aren't cold when I pry on them and crack. Not sure what plastic they are made of exactly, but a little bit of heat probably can't hurt.
    2021 Reflection 367BHS
    2009 Dodge 3500 4x4 Longbed MegaCab
    Electrical Engineer/Musician/Rancher
    Habbitial facebook jail inmate and soon to be banned from here

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    Well, it is officially 103 deg here with full, blazing unobstructed sun on the roof at 3PM. It is a comfy 77.8 deg in the trailer, as measured with my laser thermometer (and we have been running the fan on low all day). There is also no cycling of the A/C compressor (since the new thermostat and control box install). I am very impressed with this upgrade for Furrion. I think I'll keep it!
    Did you install the module from GD ?? Do you think the module is still necessary with the RV airflow installed ?? Finally, was the module installation (if needed) an easy install ??
    2021 Imagine 2970 RL
    Equalizer 2, 4-point hitch.
    2015 GMC Savana 2500 6.0 liter
    Locking rear differential. Bilstein shocks, heavy-duty trailering package, Tow/Haul mode.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad from Oregon View Post
    To take full advantage of your new RV Airflow, it’s a great idea to pull each register off the ceiling and spend some time sealing them into the attic ducting with some foil tape. I cannot believe how poorly these are sealed from GD. I got more flow from this than I did with only the RV Airflow!

While doing this in our 2500RL, I noticed that the “tubes” in the registers stuck up into the ducts so far that they almost hit the back! I used my Dremel with a small cutoff wheel to shorten each one so it only went into the duct. Then sealed the ever-living’ bajeezus out of them with foil tape. Airflow is so strong now that it’ll just about blow out a burner on the stove…. Took about an hour and a $10 roll of foil tape from Amazon.
    I noticed those tubes sticking up into the ducting also. I found most of the vents to be sealed adequately, except for the bathroom. I think I will go back and trim the tubes and re-tape.
    2021 Imagine 2970 RL
    Locking rear differential. Bilstein shocks, heavy-duty trailering package, Tow/Haul mode.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4dually View Post
    And I read that and all it said was to "just pull them down" and "when I did, it pulled the entire thing down screws and all".

I'd like a tad more details. A picture of the two pieces and how they connect would be super.
    LOL I had the same thing happen. Once it was out I figured out how the 2 pieces separate and used a flathead screwdriver to insert in the gap between the 2 pieces and gently pry them off.
    2021 Imagine 2970 RL

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro55 View Post
    Did you install the module from GD ?? Do you think the module is still necessary with the RV airflow installed ?? Finally, was the module installation (if needed) an easy install ??
    Yes, I installed the new thermostat and control box a few weeks before the airflow upgrade. It was not hard, as all if the wires are labeled. I am glad I did both because the thermostat upgrade fixed the short cycling issue with the A/C as well as the furnace issue. The airflow upgrade also made the A/C operation quieter as well as increased airflow.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a picture of my indoor/outdoor temperature sensor from a few days ago at almost 7pm. We were in Rock Hall MD on the Chesapeake Bay. I never could get the RV this cold before I installed the RV Airflow System upgrade! Look at the temperature difference between inside and outside.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220808_185556.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	42464
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro55 View Post
    I just installed an RV airflow system. Wow, huge difference. The air blows so hard through the ductwork, that it whistles when coming out of the vents.
    Say Zorro, did you notice any reduction in sound of the unit itself once that was installed? There's another thread going where we GE AC owners are discussing how loud the units are. There's no problem with cooling but wondered if the RV Airflow would reduce some of the noise coming from the unit?
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    Here's a picture of my indoor/outdoor temperature sensor from a few days ago at almost 7pm. We were in Rock Hall MD on the Chesapeake Bay. I never could get the RV this cold before I installed the RV Airflow System upgrade! Look at the temperature difference between inside and outside.
    We're 25 miles north of you as the crow flies (Aberdeen Proving Ground). If that was on Tuesday, the heat index here was 113. You're doing well.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    We're 25 miles north of you as the crow flies (Aberdeen Proving Ground). If that was on Tuesday, the heat index here was 113. You're doing well.

Rob
    Rob, yes that was on Tuesday... really too hot to enjoy being outside. We were in Cordova MD last weekend for the balloon festival and had a confirmed F1 tornado that came through the festival grounds while we were out there trying to hold our canopies from being destroyed or blown away. They had lots of damage and many vendors lost quite a bit of their merchandise but they started the cleanup and got everything back together to reopen on Saturday afternoon.

Name:	FB_IMG_1659843111382.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	42466

Name:	FB_IMG_1659843122654.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	42467
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    Rob, yes that was on Tuesday... really too hot to enjoy being outside. We were in Cordova MD last weekend for the balloon festival and had a confirmed F1 tornado that came through the festival grounds while we were out there trying to hold our canopies from being destroyed or blown away. They had lots of damage and many vendors lost quite a bit of their merchandise but they started the cleanup and got everything back together to reopen on Saturday afternoon.
    We saw the storm warnings, watched the RADAR, and were grateful all that was south of us! Glad everyone is OK.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast