User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Installed the RV Airflow in our 2500RL (we have the Furrion AC). The install was pretty straight forward. I did need to move the AC unit about a 1/4 inch forward to get the lag bolts to line up properly, not a big deal. I don't have an anemometer to measure before and after but my hand gauge tells me there's a slight improvement. Not the WOW improvement I was expecting, more of a Meh. Also didn't notice much if any of noise reduction. Seemed basically the same as before.
    Last edited by BillinSC; 08-21-2022 at 07:01 PM.
    Bill and Nancy from SC
    2021 Imagine 2500RL
    2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillinSC View Post
    Installed the RV Airflow in our 2500RL (we have the Furrion AC). The install was pretty straight forward. I did need to move the AC unit about a 1/4 inch forward to get the lag bolts to line up properly, not a big deal. I don't have an anemometer to measure before and after but my hand gauge tells me there's a slight improvement. Not the WOW improvement I was expecting, more of a Meh. Also didn't notice much if any of noise reduction. Seemed basically the same as before.
    Seal up your registers into the ducts!!! I noticed an improvement after fitting the RV Airflow in my 2500RL, but sealing the ducts was a bigger improvement.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillinSC View Post
    So, just an update after a few days of camping in the hot and sticky south.
    Upgraded controller and thermostat: Awesome, runs great, no more short cycles. Runs like any normal AC should.
    RV Airflow: I can tell from sitting in various areas in the RV that the airflow is noticeably better. No anemometer measurements but I can feel the increased/better airflow. No noticeable noise difference but hey, its an RV, a wasn't expecting it to be silent. I wish it were.

Personally the RV Airflow is a $50-$75 upgrade at best (I paid +$150). I could have survived without it but, oh well. If you have a Furrion AC unit and camp in high temps, definitely get the upgraded controller and thermostat. That is an upgrade worth +$150 bucks that didn't cost me a dime thanks to GD customer service!

Cheers!
    Bill and Nancy from SC
    2021 Imagine 2500RL
    2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cottonakin View Post
    Just thought that I would post the 15% Off Code again in case anyone is thinking about purchasing one (or two) and you missed Post #26 ...

http://rvairflow.refr.cc/barrya

I have them installed in both of our A/C units. Now to get around to sealing those ducts...

I probably mentioned this before but they are much cheaper to purchase through Grand Design... you can buy 2 for the price of 1. Here's what I paid just about a year ago in late September of 2021.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220326-190405_Messages.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	43078
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 09-18-2022 at 06:36 AM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456