Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 22MLE owner

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 22MLE owner

Hello,
    Picked up our new 2022 22MLE last week from our local dealer, here in Upstate NY. The wife and I are retired, and this is the perfect size and configuration for us. Hopefully it will be as reliable as our 10 year old Cruiser RV Funfinder was. First immediate problem is the rollup shower door does not attach to the side wall strip, so there's no way to keep it closed. Dealer ordered another strip. We'll see how long that takes. I also don't understand why the ceiling lights over the bed can't be turned off while leaving the other ceiling lights on. I'm sure i'll have future questons as things progress.
    Jim P.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome. Ask anything
    There are many threads on lighting mods so I am sure you could find a few things to try and make your coach better
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers032 View Post
    Hello,
    Picked up our new 2022 22MLE last week from our local dealer, here in Upstate NY. The wife and I are retired, and this is the perfect size and configuration for us. Hopefully it will be as reliable as our 10 year old Cruiser RV Funfinder was. First immediate problem is the rollup shower door does not attach to the side wall strip, so there's no way to keep it closed. Dealer ordered another strip. We'll see how long that takes. I also don't understand why the ceiling lights over the bed can't be turned off while leaving the other ceiling lights on. I'm sure i'll have future questons as things progress.
    Jim P.
    Welcome to the forum @Rangers032, hope you enjoy the new coach. So many helpful people here, just ask away. And look around, probably someone else has modded their rig in the way you'd like to. Easy to swap things like lights.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome to the forum (and MLE club)! Every new RV is going to have hiccups and one can only hope they are minor. Start by checking the roof sealants as soon as possible just to make sure everything is good up there. Have fun with the new rig!
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome MLE owner. Enjoy the new coach.
    Randy and Kris

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome to the group and 22mle gang. We ended up putting a dimmer on the ceiling and exterior awning light.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers032 View Post
    Hello,
    Jim P.
    Welcome to the 22mle gang!

The roller shower door has a plastic latch. The metal strip you are referring to should have a channel (the length of the strip) where the latch attaches to (clips into). Is the strip attached backwards? I’m not close to my unit otherwise I’d take a photo for you.

We are retired too and find this unit to be a good size for us. Not too big, not too small. Can fit it into small sites at state parks and still enjoy all of the amenities.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We put a shower curtain and don't use the roll screen. I thought it was unwieldy.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Congrats and welcome to the group and 22mle gang. We ended up putting a dimmer on the ceiling and exterior awning light.
    Does your 22MLE have the compass connect system on it and if so, what exact dimmer(s) did you get?
    Thanks!
    Darrel and Angela
    Imagine XLS 22MLE
    GMC Sierra 3.0L Duramax
    Anderson WDH
    Ballentine SC

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrel and Angela View Post
    Does your 22MLE have the compass connect system on it and if so, what exact dimmer(s) did you get?
    Thanks!
    I wish it did. The compass connect came out the year after we got ours. If you search this forum, many members added a dimmer with the compass connect. My solution wont work for you. With your setup, you'll just need to add down from the panel. Well worth the effort IMHO.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast