Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    i got a holley electric fuel pump a 12volt ball valve, a rocker switch and a couple of brass tees. the small tee was for the gen. supply line and the large tee was for the fuel station hose. the switch was installed in the fuel station control panel, i tapped into the 12v control feed for the switch input.the output went to the holley fp, and the 12v ball valve. when the switch is on fuel is pumped from the gen tank to the toy tank
    it has been awhile, so i do not remember the sizes of the tees do remember buying the parts to assemble the sizes needed. take the necessary steps with the wiring to make it safe around fuel. NO SPARKS.
    this is a really nice mod giving me 60 gallons to use as needed.
    A rough drawing of the piping/hoses/tees/pump etc would be helpful.....if you could sketch something out
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think one could "just" put a 3-way valve between the 2 fuel tanks and the fuel station pump. I haven't done it yet (since I use non-ethanol fuel and burn it fast enough to not need much storage) but I have the valve.

Here's the old thread from 2.5 years ago ..
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ual-Fuel-Tanks
    signature

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    A rough drawing of the piping/hoses/tees/pump etc would be helpful.....if you could sketch something out
    due torotator cuff surgery on my right arm,i cant write or draw.
    typing ia slow and sloppy with my left hand

it really isn't as complicated as it sounds
    to draw fuel from the gen tank, install a tee in the gen fuel supply line close to where it enters the tank. from that tee install fuel line to the holley pump inlet.from the holly output install a fuel line to the
    12v ball valve. on the other side of the valve install a fuel line to a tee you will install in the oem pump inlet hose. that completes the fuel plumbing install. now you need to get switched 12v to the pump and ball valve at the same time. i chose to do this from the fuel station control panel.
    while that made for a slick install, there are easier ways to do it
    however you do the 12v supply...when the pump and ball valve are energized the valve will open and the pump will run pumping fuel from the gen tank to the toy tank thru the oem pump inlet hose hose. i like the fact that this is a push button operation
    the other manual valve installs i have seen means one has to crawl under the rv to do it.that can be unpleasent with mud or snow on the ground.

on edit; the ball valve i got needs 12v to open AND close. i used a 3 postion rocker switch to do it.up sends 12v to both the valve and pump. middle is off, down closes the valve
    Last edited by huntindog; 03-30-2023 at 07:16 AM.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    due torotator cuff surgery on my right arm,i cant write or draw.
    typing ia slow and sloppy with my left hand

it really isn't as complicated as it sounds
    to draw fuel from the gen tank, install a tee in the gen fuel supply line close to where it enters the tank. from that tee install fuel line to the holley pump inlet.from the holly output install a fuel line to the
    12v ball valve. on the other side of the valve install a fuel line to a tee you will install in the fuel nozzle hose. that completes the fuel plumbing install. now you need to get switched 12v to the pump and ball valve at the same time. i chose to do this from the fuel station control panel.
    while that made for a slick install, there are easier ways to do it
    however you do the 12v supply...when the pump and ball valve are energized the valve will open and the pump will run pumping fuel from the gen tank to the toy tank thru the fuel nozzle hose. i like the fact tha this is a push button operation
    the other manual valve installs i have seen means one has to crawl under the rv to do it.that can be unpleasent with mud or snow on the ground.

on edit; the ball valve i got needs 12v to open AND close. i used a 3 postion rocker switch to do it.up sends 12v to both the valve and pump. middle is off, down closes the valve
    Thank you for that write up....sorry to hear about your injury. I've lived through a torn rotator cuff injury....back in 2002 and they are incredibly painful. Just for clarification though....where does the output from the electric valve/Holley pump end up? Your description makes it sound like it goes directly to the fuel dispensing hose.....the hose with the dispensing nozzle on the end. Or does it go directly into the other tank, and the tee is between the tank and the OEM fuel dispensing pump
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Thank you for that write up....sorry to hear about your injury. I've lived through a torn rotator cuff injury....back in 2002 and they are incredibly painful. Just for clarification though....where does the output from the electric valve/Holley pump end up? Your description makes it sound like it goes directly to the fuel dispensing hose.....the hose with the dispensing nozzle on the end. Or does it go directly into the other tank, and the tee is between the tank and the OEM fuel dispensing pump
    oops. tee is installed on the input side of the oem dispensing pump. on mine it was a tite 1/2 hose" i edited my previous post
    Last edited by huntindog; 03-30-2023 at 07:17 AM.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oops. tee is installed on the input side of the oem dispensing pump. on mine it was a tite 1/2 hose"
    Thank you for the clarification....I was thinking that is what you meant...but just had to check for clarification. I appreciate you effort in your "less than efficient" mode of operation. Heal quickly and keep doing PT. I spent 6 full months doing PT...three time a week and exercises at home, and I avoided having surgery. The results were full mobility in the right shoulder.....but for sure, a painful process. Good luck.
    T
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12