Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Siphoning gas out of generator tank Momentum 351M

Has anyone else had trouble siphoning gas out of their generator tank? Seems to be something blocking the fill neck not allowing the syphon line to reach the tank. Unfortunately we live in Arizona and have an ethanol blended gas similar to California, so I normally siphon the gas out of the tank and use it in my cars, if the rig is going to sit for a period of time. Any help or information would really be appreciated. This is the first rig I have owned that I can't get a siphon line down the fill neck to the tack.

2022 Momentum 351M
    2022 Chevy Silverado High Country
    Last edited by UncleBob; 07-24-2022 at 09:36 PM.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't you have a pump and nozzle? Our 2019 does. It could be a "safety" feature like a anti-spill rollover valve.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not on the generator tank, the pump and nozzle is only on the auxiliary tank.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, I forgot there were two fill points. But still could be some kind of "safety" tip over valve or some such. Maybe even an anti-siphon valve.
    Howard and Peggy

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did a mod so I can pump the gen. tank into the toy tank. It gives me the best flexabilty for using the fuel from those tanks
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Care to expand on that?
    Howard and Peggy

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is an older thread but I think the genny fill tube may have a circular plate with smaller holes to block a siphon tube but allow the fuel to enter the tank.

UncleBob....did you ever find a solution? I'm in the same boat.......have way too much fuel in the genny tank and need to get it out before it gets too old.

I would love to be able to pump fuel out of my genny tank and into the toy tank.........Huntindog.......what's your mod for this??
    2021 349M, 2011 LML Duramax Denalli (still rockin' the CP4 with FASS-165 and lots of Optilube)
    Maggie the fox-red Lab
    2017 Rzr Turbo with lots of goodies

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarrySmith View Post
    I know this is an older thread but I think the genny fill tube may have a circular plate with smaller holes to block a siphon tube but allow the fuel to enter the tank.

UncleBob....did you ever find a solution? I'm in the same boat.......have way too much fuel in the genny tank and need to get it out before it gets too old.

I would love to be able to pump fuel out of my genny tank and into the toy tank.........Huntindog.......what's your mod for this??
    i got a holley electric fuel pump a 12volt ball valve, a rocker switch and a couple of brass tees. the small tee was for the gen. supply line and the large tee was for the fuel station hose. the switch was installed in the fuel station control panel, i tapped into the 12v control feed for the switch input.the output went to the holley fp, and the 12v ball valve. when the switch is on fuel is pumped from the gen tank to the toy tank
    it has been awhile, so i do not remember the sizes of the tees do remember buying the parts to assemble the sizes needed. take the necessary steps with the wiring to make it safe around fuel. NO SPARKS.
    this is a really nice mod giving me 60 gallons to use as needed.
    Last edited by huntindog; 03-29-2023 at 11:08 AM.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarrySmith View Post

No, I never have come up with a solution. Huntindog solution sounds like a viable solution, however I have a very bad back and getting down on the ground to put in the T's and
    ball valve is a little more than I can do right now.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies Huntindog and UncleBob......much appreciated!!
    2021 349M, 2011 LML Duramax Denalli (still rockin' the CP4 with FASS-165 and lots of Optilube)
    Maggie the fox-red Lab
    2017 Rzr Turbo with lots of goodies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast