Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battery Terminals Loose from Dealer

Yesterday I was doing some close inspections now that we have the new camper home. I decided to remove the cover on the battery and discovered that the cables were held down so loose that I could move them with my pinky finger. I also noticed that the terminals they had used were so large compared to the bolt that the head almost went completely thru it. Like a half inch with a 1/4" bolt. Needless to say, I changed those terminals and tightened them under the Lithium battery OEM terminal bolts that had a 9/16" head on it with a 1/4" pin. The dealer was swamped with new sales the day after we agreed to the sale. But that is no excuse. Neither is the fact that they put some OEM battery in for the walk-thru PDI and then had to remove it and install the Lithium we ordered. I've been dealing with them since prior to getting our Montana in Oct. 2017 and have had a very good service relationship. No excuse.
    Joyful & Drake
    SE Texas
    2022 Grand Design 2600RB
    2022 F150 Platinum 1777# Payload
    ProPride-3 1400 Hitch

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by masterdrago View Post
    Yesterday I was doing some close inspections now that we have the new camper home. I decided to remove the cover on the battery and discovered that the cables were held down so loose that I could move them with my pinky finger. I also noticed that the terminals they had used were so large compared to the bolt that the head almost went completely thru it. Like a half inch with a 1/4" bolt. Needless to say, I changed those terminals and tightened them under the Lithium battery OEM terminal bolts that had a 9/16" head on it with a 1/4" pin. The dealer was swamped with new sales the day after we agreed to the sale. But that is no excuse. Neither is the fact that they put some OEM battery in for the walk-thru PDI and then had to remove it and install the Lithium we ordered. I've been dealing with them since prior to getting our Montana in Oct. 2017 and have had a very good service relationship. No excuse.
    Glad you caught it before it became an issue.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good catch.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE