User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500RL Dometic Brisk Air II and Ceiling Vent Upgrades

Having barely survived a week of 100 plus degree days at a state park in SC, my wife and I decided to do some AC upgrades to our 2022 2500RL. I was delighted to find that the 15K BTU Dometic Brisk Air II unit on our rig had been prepared at the factory for the installation of an RV Airflow system. The duct inserts were already secured in place! The factory install of the air conditioner looked really good and the RV Airflow unit fit beautifully. I took the precaution of taping the edges with aluminum tape, but that was probably overkill.

https://rvairflow.com/products/dometic-brisk

The results were as advertised. I did not do instrument measurements, but the air flow from ceiling vents was substantially greater. So much so that we decided to add adjustable louvers for the ceiling vents to balance the air flow. We found the Thetford manufactured adjustable ceiling vent to be a perfect replacement.

https://www.thetford.com/product/1-1...-ceiling-vent/

The SKU is 94271 and they are available from Amazon. They are a two piece unit, and we popped out the old fixed louver from the ceiling mounted base and popped in the new adjustable one. The process is a little tedious, but with patience is doable.

Prior to the trip, we had added a Micro Air EasyStart 364 to the Dometic Brisk Air II to make possible the use of a duel fuel 2500 watt generator to power the unit. Under propane power, the generator can easily handle the load. The air conditioner functions equally well on generator or shore power.

All in all, we feel much better prepared for the record setting heat this summer is achieving. Hope this helps those headed south for vacation!
    David & Catherine
    2023 Ford F-150 3.5L EcoBoost w/Max Tow, Equalizer 4-Point Hitch
    2022 Imagine 2500RL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the vent link, I was considering looking for something like that.