User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2022 Solitude 310 GK - How To Fix The Sliding Bathroom Door That Fell Off Rear Track

Thought I had a real problem on my hands when we opened our rig to find the bathroom door had fallen off the track at the rear end of the door. The front was still connected but sliding at an angle and the door open/close was not easy. Since the door retracts into the wall, I figured this might be a difficult fix. Not so!

The door is supported from a white metal track by two sliding hangars on wheels that run along the track. Each sliding hangar is connected to a clip on top of the door. Once the sliding hangar is properly inserted into the clip, there is a locking piece that holds it in place.

What I found was that nothing was actually broken. The rear clip lock must have come loose and the hangar popped out when we hit a bump or something. The hanger (no longer connected to the door) slid to the back of the track, where they left enough room for it to fall out of the track, and that's what it did. So the hangar was on the floor at the back of the pocket that the door sits in. Couldn't reach it with the door still on.

So how to fix it....

First, I had to remove the facia board that runs across the width of the bathroom door. Pull off the one on the inside of the bathroom, not the outside. Very easy to take off by pulling gently. Try not to bend the long staples as they come out. This makes it very easy to put back on. Once this piece is off, I took out the 3 screws that I could see holding the white track in place. There are more than 3 screws holding the track, but this is enough to drop the door far enough down that you can remove it. Take the door off from the inside of the bathroom, not the hallway. The remaining hangar will come off with it. That's OK. It is a tight squeeze, but if done carefully there will be no scratches anywhere. With the door out of there, you can easily retrieve the hangar that fell off. (Be careful not to grab any wires that are hanging behind your control box). You can now see how easily the hangar connects to the door clips and how to lock them in place. You can practice connecting them but don't leave them attached just yet. Since it fell off once, you might want to put a shot of glue or silicone on the lock piece to avoid this happening again. Slide the door back into place (in the almost closed position). Put both hangars back into the track and then lift the door into place (helpful if you have a second set of hands but I was able to balance the door on my foot while I did this), aligning the hangars inside the clips and then snapping the locks shut.

Bingo - It's done. Took me 20 minutes to fix. Could do it again in 1/2 that time.

Once the door is working properly, you'll need to put that fascia board back on. If the staples are all in good shape (mine were), you can tap the board lightly with a hammer, using a towel or T shirt buffer to prevent damage. Mine fit back in snug and we've travelled at least 700 miles since without that board falling off. If it does, you might want to add some glue or a couple of screws.

Hope this helps someone.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same issue early on with my 2018 310gk and I fixed it the same way.
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Carabine View Post
    Thought I had a real problem on my hands when we opened our rig to find the bathroom door had fallen off the track at the rear end of the door. The front was still connected but sliding at an angle and the door open/close was not easy. Since the door retracts into the wall, I figured this might be a difficult fix. Not so!

The door is supported from a white metal track by two sliding hangars on wheels that run along the track. Each sliding hangar is connected to a clip on top of the door. Once the sliding hangar is properly inserted into the clip, there is a locking piece that holds it in place.

What I found was that nothing was actually broken. The rear clip lock must have come loose and the hangar popped out when we hit a bump or something. The hanger (no longer connected to the door) slid to the back of the track, where they left enough room for it to fall out of the track, and that's what it did. So the hangar was on the floor at the back of the pocket that the door sits in. Couldn't reach it with the door still on.

So how to fix it....

First, I had to remove the facia board that runs across the width of the bathroom door. Pull off the one on the inside of the bathroom, not the outside. Very easy to take off by pulling gently. Try not to bend the long staples as they come out. This makes it very easy to put back on. Once this piece is off, I took out the 3 screws that I could see holding the white track in place. There are more than 3 screws holding the track, but this is enough to drop the door far enough down that you can remove it. Take the door off from the inside of the bathroom, not the hallway. The remaining hangar will come off with it. That's OK. It is a tight squeeze, but if done carefully there will be no scratches anywhere. With the door out of there, you can easily retrieve the hangar that fell off. (Be careful not to grab any wires that are hanging behind your control box). You can now see how easily the hangar connects to the door clips and how to lock them in place. You can practice connecting them but don't leave them attached just yet. Since it fell off once, you might want to put a shot of glue or silicone on the lock piece to avoid this happening again. Slide the door back into place (in the almost closed position). Put both hangars back into the track and then lift the door into place (helpful if you have a second set of hands but I was able to balance the door on my foot while I did this), aligning the hangars inside the clips and then snapping the locks shut.

Bingo - It's done. Took me 20 minutes to fix. Could do it again in 1/2 that time.

Once the door is working properly, you'll need to put that fascia board back on. If the staples are all in good shape (mine were), you can tap the board lightly with a hammer, using a towel or T shirt buffer to prevent damage. Mine fit back in snug and we've travelled at least 700 miles since without that board falling off. If it does, you might want to add some glue or a couple of screws.

Hope this helps someone.
    Thank you for this post and how to fix. Our slider came off on the last trip and I was figuring it was going to be horrible to fix!!

Great work!!

Scott
    Western Mass
    2017 Momentum 399TH
    2019 GMC Crew Cab Dually Denali 8 foot bed,
    Gen-Y Gooseneck at the Pinbox.