Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadkingfl View Post
    We use a B&W Biker Bar...
    Also plan on using biker bars as I just picked one up and still looking for one more. I'll install the first one this weekend.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a condor, not mounted to the floor, strapped to hold it in place while moving the bike in and out. Many thousands of miles so far so good. 2 straps to the frame of the bike and 1 around the back tire.
    18 Momentum 376TH
    13 GMC Dually Duramax Denali
    08 Kawasaki ZG1400 Concours

HamsterCamper
    I have used Condors for 10 years with out a problem and I do not mount the Condor to the floor.
    In my last toy hauler I could haul four full sized bikes. By not mounting the Condors to the floor I could position different size bikes where they fit best or to put weight where I want it.
    I always use four quality American made tie down straps per bike and a Condor with its shoe adjusted to the wheel size.
    The plan is to haul three bikes in our 388M. A bobber in first sideways and two Harley's pulled in. I still need to install Mac's VersaTie Track for this to work.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you everyone. Looks like I have some work to do to make my decision. I must say I like the condor solution not attaching the chocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had biker bars installed in my 351. We hauled a Road King and Soft Tail deluxe with no issues. Unfortunately to mount these in the garage required the Dealer to lower the gas tank.

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rpreid View Post
    I have always used a wheel chock when trailering bikes. What are people using or not and if using a chock are you securing it through the floor or into a cross member under the floor?

Bob and Janice
    2015 Momentum 380TH
    2015 Ram 3500 CC diesel long box dually
    Harley SE Road Glide Ultra
    If you go to the Momentum owners facebook group I believe you'll find that the majority of Harley owners are using the B&W Bike Bar. That's been my observation at the eight Grand Design rallies that I've been to across the nation. e-track and wheel chocks are obsolete. We've been ocean to ocean 2 1/2 times and over the highest passes in the country and no issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfBnoxNZt34

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180318_140423_resized.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	23346 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190617_082838.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	23347
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper keywestparrothead's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the WheelDock system with the quick disconnect plate for both the Indian and the BMW. I also ran e-track down both sides and screwed into the frame. I then use straps on the rear crash bars and that sucker doesn't budge :-) Aslo, it doesn't put undue pressure on the suspension/shocks.

https://wheeldock.com/collections/in...ck-accessories
    Last edited by keywestparrothead; 10-31-2019 at 08:03 AM.
    2016 Momentum 376TH "The Beauty"
    2015 Ford F450 King Ranch Crew Cab "The Beast"
    2016 Indian Roadmaster "Our Toy"
    2013 BMW R1200GS Adventure "My Toy"
    ------------------------
    Previous addictions...
    2008 BMW R1200GS Adventure
    2008 Ford F350 6.4 KR CC
    2010 Montana 3750FL
    2008 CC Silverback 32LFGBS TT
    2004 Coleman/Fleetwood PU

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    If you go to the Momentum owners facebook group I believe you'll find that the majority of Harley owners are using the B&W Bike Bar. That's been my observation at the eight Grand Design rallies that I've been to across the nation. e-track and wheel chocks are obsolete. We've been ocean to ocean 2 1/2 times and over the highest passes in the country and no issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfBnoxNZt34

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180318_140423_resized.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	23346 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190617_082838.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	23347
    That is a cool solution for people that have dedicated garages and can have that contraption bolted to the middle of the floor. If you plan to use your garage as bunk house/living quarters/ pathway to the bathroom from the deck, you have to unbolt them everytime you unload or have people tripping over them.

I just ran 2000 miles with a condor and straps with no issues. Plus I didn't have to bolt anything to the floor or drop the fuel tank to get to the bolts. Biggest issue I had with the straps is you can't get in the rear bathroom on mine unless you unstrap the left side. You can get into the garage if you keep the right strap on though. If you have 2 bikes side by side, I'm not sure the factory tie downs would work.

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyBell View Post
    That is a cool solution for people that have dedicated garages and can have that contraption bolted to the middle of the floor. If you plan to use your garage as bunk house/living quarters/ pathway to the bathroom from the deck, you have to unbolt them everytime you unload or have people tripping over them.

I just ran 2000 miles with a condor and straps with no issues. Plus I didn't have to bolt anything to the floor or drop the fuel tank to get to the bolts. Biggest issue I had with the straps is you can't get in the rear bathroom on mine unless you unstrap the left side. You can get into the garage if you keep the right strap on though. If you have 2 bikes side by side, I'm not sure the factory tie downs would work.
    The Biker Bar is easily removable by just removing two bolts (quicker than it takes you to strap a bike down). The mounting plates under the rig stay secured underneath. Ready to put it back in, just set the Biker Bar on the floor, drop the two bolts in the holes and tighten.

If you go to the Grand Design RV Rallies across the nation you'll see that the majority of Harley owners are using the B&W Biker Bar. It's not for everybody.....if the wheel chock and straps are working for you, that's great. If you want simple, fast and safe, it's the Biker Bar.
    Last edited by JCZhome; 11-20-2019 at 07:59 AM.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    The Biker Bar is easily removable by just removing two bolts (quicker than it takes you to strap a bike down). The mounting plates under the rig stay secured underneath. Ready to put it back in, just set the Biker Bar on the floor, drop the two bolts in the holes and tighten.

If you go to the Grand Design RV Rallies across the nation you'll see that the majority of Harley owners are using the B&W Biker Bar. It's not for everybody.....if the wheel chock and straps are working for you, that's great. If you want simple, fast and safe, it's the Biker Bar.
    It is def. a cool setup. I like the concept a lot. If you do a lot of bike rallies I could see it being very useful. I don't see how it's any safer than a wheel chock and straps though. You are also locked into that position unless you drop the underside of the rv and reposition the mounting plates and drill new holes. In our case, we might have just the bike one trip so I would carry it in the center of the garage. Next trip we might have the bike and a quad or something else so the bike would have to be off-center.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast