User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine 2670MK - Two Different Slides?

So, admittedly, I know almost nothing about travel trailers, but . . . I have an Imagine 2013 2670MK on order and have heard some scary stories about the slides. (Some of those stories on this site.) So I'm looking for some information.

Questions:
    1) Are the two slides made by two different manufactures? (I thought I read that somewhere, and that they need to be treated differently.)
    2) Do you hold the button for a few seconds after fully opened / closed to keep them synced? (I've heard YES for the starboard/curb side, but NO for the port/street side???)
    3) Do you lube them or not? (I've heard yes for the gears but no for the tracks.)
    4) Anything else I should know about the slides?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I can't find any solid answers and I have ZERO faith in the familiarization tour that is coming when I pick up my trailer. (I already know more about this rig than the salesman I'm working with, and I know almost nothing!!!)

Thank you all in advance.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They aren't necessarily dumb questions, but there isn't enough information to give definitive answers. It's possible that the slides are two different types: Schwintec, and rack and pinion, hydraulic or electric. The type of slide is treated differently, so it does matter. The Schwintec slide will have something that looks like a gear track on the top and bottom of both sides of the slide.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yours is 4 years older than mine...unless you meant 2023 (, then it is 6 years newer! As you get close to production, GD will assign a VIN, that your dealer can give to you. Then you can call GD with that number to verify exactly what slides it will have. All likely a few weeks before it actually arrives at your dealer.

Mine has Schwintec on both slides. Yes, one must hold the button for a second or two after fully opening or closing to keep the motors in synch.
    The lube question is all over the place, even Lippert contradicts themselves. I may be doing it wrong, but have avoided it so far, only making sure there is no dirt/debris in the tracks. What I have seen from Lippert that does mention lube is that it is very little, and not very often. There's more issue in doing it too much, and picking up dirt/grit that can cause damage.
    Ditto on seals - there are a few products sold, but there seems to be not much needed to be done, and the wrong product can damage.
    However - check the bulb seals on the insides of the slides - sides and top. They are in a track and can slide easily, leaving gaps for air/mice/bugs. I slide mine back to a no gap position, and put a small dab of silicone sealant on one end to anchor it so it doesn't slide around.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the door side slide is a Schwintek slide (owned now by Lippert).

The Off Door Side slide is a Lippert through the frame boom slide.

Google Schwintek slide care. There are several Lippert videos out there. Biggest cause for issues is low voltage from a low battery. They like good consistent power.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here's one that essentially just says "Use soap and water", and goes into synching. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSxC-0GSWwk

One page on their web site refers to treatments for the seals, but does not reference any specific product type.
    There's another Lippert video about Schwintek on a Winnebago motorhome, that talks a little about lube for a couple of the metal parts.
    And then there is the one showing a motor servicing....
    So hard to know what type of Schwintek we might have, and what its specific recommendations are....

And then there is the Off Door one referred to above...that may be different.....
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    Yours is 4 years older than mine...unless you meant 2023 (, then it is 6 years newer! As you get close to production, GD will assign a VIN, that your dealer can give to you. Then you can call GD with that number to verify exactly what slides it will have. All likely a few weeks before it actually arrives at your dealer.

Mine has Schwintec on both slides. Yes, one must hold the button for a second or two after fully opening or closing to keep the motors in synch.
    The lube question is all over the place, even Lippert contradicts themselves. I may be doing it wrong, but have avoided it so far, only making sure there is no dirt/debris in the tracks. What I have seen from Lippert that does mention lube is that it is very little, and not very often. There's more issue in doing it too much, and picking up dirt/grit that can cause damage.
    Ditto on seals - there are a few products sold, but there seems to be not much needed to be done, and the wrong product can damage.
    However - check the bulb seals on the insides of the slides - sides and top. They are in a track and can slide easily, leaving gaps for air/mice/bugs. I slide mine back to a no gap position, and put a small dab of silicone sealant on one end to anchor it so it doesn't slide around.
    sande005
    My bad: yes, I meant 2023, not 2013.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's one that essentially just says "Use soap and water", and goes into synching. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSxC-0GSWwk

One page on their web site refers to treatments for the seals, but does not reference any specific product type.
    There's another Lippert video about Schwintek on a Winnebago motorhome, that talks a little about lube for a couple of the metal parts.
    So hard to know what type of Schwintek we might have, and what its specific recommendations are....

And then there is the Off Door one referred to above...that may be different.....
    Excellent video; THANKS!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you!