User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water/Condensation near rear bunk window

We've had a lot of rain while camping. This morning we noticed a good amount of condensation above and just starting down top sides of the window. Basically, from the top of the window to the ceiling was pretty damp. My son slept in that top bunk with the barn door closed last night and we had no A/C, heat, or fan running. I'm a little OCD about water leaks, so I am worried this is a leak rather than condensation. Any thoughts?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aewbank View Post
    We've had a lot of rain while camping. This morning we noticed a good amount of condensation above and just starting down top sides of the window. Basically, from the top of the window to the ceiling was pretty damp. My son slept in that top bunk with the barn door closed last night and we had no A/C, heat, or fan running. I'm a little OCD about water leaks, so I am worried this is a leak rather than condensation. Any thoughts?
    You mention a lot of rain. Add in everyone's breathing and there is plenty of moisture inside the coach for condensation. We now have double pane windows that minimize it, but in our old TT, condensation was a regular event.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Will Not Be Dictated To
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aewbank View Post
    For that very reason, when there is no AC or heat on we run a house dehumidifier. Not a small desktop but a large one, it help's a LOT to reduce humidity and thus the inevitable condensation. None of our RV's have had dual pane windows. In your situation I would run that and the AC fan for air circulation to all areas. This is the model we use/used in the last two RV's:https://www.amazon.com/hOmeLabs-Ener...ef_=ast_sto_dp
    I left the Forum due to dictatorial administration