Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black tank not emptying

Hi everyone! I picked up my new Solitude 310GK-R a few weeks ago and am emptying my tanks for the first time. The gray tank is fine but the black tank won't empty. A little fluid flows out but I am still showing 2/3 full. I don't know if my tank valve is not opening or if I have a blockage, but I did see one possible solution to try on youtube. The solution was to place a clear connector between the camper and drain hose, drill a large enough hole in the connector to insert a hose that you ran up to the tank to try and clear the blockage. I think this might work if it's a straight shot to the black tank. My question is does anyone know if the black tank is a straight shot up or would the hose have to take a right or left turn in order to clear a possible blockage?

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Mark

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi: First off welcome... questions. If you open the toilet flush and look down with a flashlight is the tank full of liquid? Don't trust the sensors. They easily lie. All it takes is a piece of toilet paper to "stick" on one to give a false reading. Many people do not use anywhere near enough water when toilet flushing to properly allow solids ( politically correct term for crap) to flow. As such you may have a blockage at the outlet. If there is not ennough water then there will not be enough force to push the solids out. Use you black tank rinse to fill the tank up most of the way with liquids then reopen the valve. Yes I know the book tells you never use the tank rinse with the valve closed. That is political speak (read lawyer talk) for cover your ****** in case someone is stupid enough to turn on the water and forget that the tank only can hold so much.... they also make cheap words that you hook to a garden hose and put down the toilet to do the same thing as the black tank rinse...

Hope this helps.

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya know I had not considered the sensors not working Jim even though I have read that on this forum! I will check that it is indeed filling up and try the rinse and see if that works.

Thanks!
    Mark

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not familiar with your unit but most drains have at least a 45 or 90 degree bend. I agree with Jim don't rely on the sensors alone and there's a product on the market today that does a great job back filling the tanks to make sure they're as clean as possible. I don't usually push product but the King Flush does a great job and you'll see what's left in your tanks after you've dumped and thought they where cleansed.
    Golden Retrievers Sienna, Keelee and Bodie
    2015 Solitude 375RE
    2000 Chevrolet Suburban LS 2WD
    2015 Acura MDX SH-AWD
    2016 GMC 3500HD Denali CC, Duramax, 4WD, DRW, B&W turnover ball/Andersen Ultimate "Aluminum", AirLift Airbags 5000 w/ Wireless Compressor

[/FONT]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was considering the Flush King product as well, with your recommendation I will pick that up today hopefully. Thanks for the input Marc!!

Thanks!
    Mark

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Additionally a clear elbow connected between the sewer hose and the outlet of the RV will give you an indication of how much "stuff" has drained after opening the dump valve.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's fairly easy to clear a blockage. You need a "twist on gate valve" and a sewer hose "rinse cap". Attach the valve to the waste water outlet, connect a water hose to the rinse cap, attach the cap to the valve. Then open the gate valve, turn on the water for about 5 seconds and pull the black tank handle. This will back flush the line. Let it run a couple minutes, close the gate valve, turn off the water and disconnect the rinse cap. Connect your sewer hose and open the valves. You may need to repeat depending on the blockage. Lot of owners leave the gate valve attached, I installed one permanently on my coach.
    Marvin & Marion
    2016 Reflection 303RLS
    2008 Ram 2500HD

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marklathrope View Post
    I was considering the Flush King product as well, with your recommendation I will pick that up today hopefully. Thanks for the input Marc!!

Thanks!
    Mark
    We have a Flush King and use it in conjunction with the black tank flush on our unit to keep the tank good and clean. Flush King provides the clear elbow for monitoring as well. True what was said above that it helps to use plenty of water with the toilet and it will definitely help. I am reminding my kids about this constantly as they tend to be the worst offenders when it comes to using the proper amount of water. Good luck!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for all the help an advice on this issue today! You were of course all correct!! I purchased the Flush King and after performing a couple of flushes all is well!! I do think we are going to have to adjust the amount of water we put into the tank, I think we both were stepping on the pedal for maybe 3-4 seconds, definitely not long enough it seems. I found the Flush King easy to use and it definitely made the flushing easy to complete vs. the method I was originally considering for unblocking the tank.

Thanks again for all your help and advice!!

Mark

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a extensive testing of the black tank flushing systems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfTd0Slt_cU&t=427s
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast